Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that within 12 weeks of your first, just out of curiosity?

I ask only because you’re the first person I have read/heard of getting an appointment for your second jab. What’s your experience of the process been?

I just filled in my details on NHS website and because I've had my first it let me book my second

Offered various locations but wouldn't let me book until week starting 2nd may which is 11 weeks post jab

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I was given my second appointment the day I booked my first, 11 weeks apart. I get my second on 11th April.

I had seen the plan was to do them at clinics 11 weeks after the first. I’m interested to know because my first was earlier this month but was not done via my GP. It was arranged via a clinic offering them to key workers to avoid binning a delivery of Pfizer vaccines.

They did say the second jab would now be facilitated by them as well, so just curious to see what other people’s experience has been.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had seen the plan was to do them at clinics 11 weeks after the first. I’m interested to know because my first was earlier this month but was not done via my GP. It was arranged via a clinic offering them to key workers to avoid binning a delivery of Pfizer vaccines.

They did say the second jab would now be facilitated by them as well, so just curious to see what other people’s experience has been.

They told me I'd get a txt to book the second one

However I tried the website for my wife as she waiting the update to get hers done so put mine in and noticed I could book and I'm off work that week so Friday do It before my day weekend lol

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
They told me I'd get a txt to book the second one

However I tried the website for my wife as she waiting the update to get hers done so put mine in and noticed I could book and I'm off work that week so Friday do It before my day weekend lol

I have to say I have been mightily impressed by the vaccine roll out so far. And accounts like yours only reinforce my growing sense that I might get to spend Christmas with the mother-in-law after all. ?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to say I have been mightily impressed by the vaccine roll out so far. And accounts like yours only reinforce my growing sense that I might get to spend Christmas with the mother-in-law after all. ?

Lol ? you poor fellow

Yeah the vaccine rollout is incredible

If I get my second vaccine on the 7th may then by June I should be fully protected to the full power of what the vaccine offers

Follow social distancing still and masks .. should be much much lower risk

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a sneaky look at the NHS page now and am not eligible to book there. Pressed the link on my text again and it says my GO will contact me for my 2nd shot 11 weeks after the 1st. That’s late April then, but at least I know now.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a sneaky look at the NHS page now and am not eligible to book there. Pressed the link on my text again and it says my GO will contact me for my 2nd shot 11 weeks after the 1st. That’s late April then, but at least I know now.
Just sent that and I got a text message from the Imperial College NHS Trust to book my 1st shot (if I didn't have it yet).
Sorry Dr. Renal, but Dr. Cardio already took care of me ;-)
Let someone else have this 1st shot please.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
One DD has been able to book her first and second vaccination.

I've had my first in January but am unable to book my second. Just says to contact hospital or GP. I had the Pfizer.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that within 12 weeks of your first, just out of curiosity?

I ask only because you’re the first person I have read/heard of getting an appointment for your second jab. What’s your experience of the process been?
I got mine at St Helens rugby ground .
It was like a military exercise spot on. So well organised.
Got appointment on 1st of May for my second jab on the day.
Had a headache and few aches and pains but gone in a day.
Fantastic feeling of relief.
Can’t praise it enough.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One DD has been able to book her first and second vaccination.

I've had my first in January but am unable to book my second. Just says to contact hospital or GP. I had the Pfizer.

My uneducated guess is Pfizer is harder to book as it's harder to store

AZ can be done at local boots etc so I'm guessing that's why I was offered about 7 pharmacy locations

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, we need to hear that to decide ;-)

You meet a lovely lady and take her home. However she won't let you perform any deeds without protection. You run to the shop and they only have the thickest supersafe rubbers left, no fancy thin ones. You're not exactly going to say oh well and not buy any at all are you?

That's an equivalent to the vaccines.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Exactly this, There's 7.3m in the above group + 1.2 Severely at risk Under 70 = 8.5m

You'd have to take an amount off the severe at risk group to account for the 65-70 year olds, so I just ball parked it.

Dataset was from NHSEI.
Ok, I'll let you have that point as regards numbers.

But i think my original point is still valid. On your numbers, the over 70s, plus the 'young vulnerable, 'plus carers come to about 16million. That still leaves 50 million or so (generally) unvaccinated people. Knock off, say 15 million children, and there's still an awful lot of adults who are capable of taking up a lot of bedspace. And the quoted percentages show that they do in fact take up their fair share.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If anyone could clarify re Covid vaccinations. Both mine and Missis Ts parents have had there first vaccines. All Four of them were given appointment times and dates for there second vaccination. Is that not the norm ?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Glad I got holidays booked while they was cheap and future uncertain. Bookings surged and prices have risen.
Looking to get away for my birthday October but may have to wait for a late deal for that one.
May, sept and November in though last year. Two rearranged from cancelled ones last year.

D

Deleted member 16999

If anyone could clarify re Covid vaccinations. Both mine and Missis Ts parents have had there first vaccines. All Four of them were given appointment times and dates for there second vaccination. Is that not the norm ?
It varies mate, norm in some places, not in others, my missus and lad had first jab after local GP contact, they’ve been told to wait for GP contact for 2nd jab and not book by NHS Link

If you booked 1st via NHS link, you can book 2nd.