Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think that was always what they planned when they said they would look at school after Feb Half term

Schools will open back up on 22nd Feb , 7 days later the Tier system will start with most in Tier 2 with the high numbers in a Tier 3 - the same as after November and things will be reduce from there with Tiers gone by May - that’s if the numbers go the way it’s starting to and the vaccine program keeps going

By June we will be back to sort of normal with the odd restriction in IMO

Maybe. There are a few dips in the vaccine supply plan, shoulda bought some Moderna sooner, but maybe Johnson and Johnson will save the day, so we'll see how the vaccination rolls out.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that was always what they planned when they said they would look at school after Feb Half term

Schools will open back up on 22nd Feb , 7 days later the Tier system will start with most in Tier 2 with the high numbers in a Tier 3 - the same as after November and things will be reduce from there with Tiers gone by May - that’s if the numbers go the way it’s starting to and the vaccine program keeps going

By June we will be back to sort of normal with the odd restriction in IMO

Anything is better than lockdown, and its nice to see light at the end

Yeah we write off 18 months of normal life but hey other generations have had worse

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a phone call at 1-30 this morning from Mrs Colch's dad to say that the ambulance was there and both her parents were being taken in to hospital. Have spoken to the hospital this morning and both are now on oxygen having tested positive for Covid. Now just a waiting game to see what happens as neither of them are in the best of health anyway.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Got a phone call at 1-30 this morning from Mrs Colch's dad to say that the ambulance was there and both her parents were being taken in to hospital. Have spoken to the hospital this morning and both are now on oxygen having tested positive for Covid. Now just a waiting game to see what happens as neither of them are in the best of health anyway.

thoughts with you and Missis C

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very sorry to read this. Hope they both get better soon ?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

All the best mate?

D

Deleted member 16999

Fingers crossed for the best outcome mate.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went for a walk, the other day, along the river a few hundred yards from my house.
BIG mistake.
It seemed to be a cross between a narrow athletics track and a single lane velodrome.
Walkers seemed to be virtually invisible!
90% of the runners/cyclists just expected walkers to stand aside, assuming there was enough room to do so safely.
It got me thinking about safety, in all it's guises, to keep the NHS workload as low as possible during Covid.
Cyclist should always have to wear a safety hat, always, and should always wear a mask when cycling off road, i.e. where walkers are likely to be.
Runners should also have to wear a mask when running along busy paths or pavements.
Recreational horse riding should not be allowed.
Thoughts?

Best wishes and hopes to Mrs Colch's family.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why masks for Runners and Cyclists? I thought initially (don’t know if it’s changed) the advice was to avoid closer than 1-2 metres for 15 minutes or more?

Surely there’s more risk walking downwind from someone for that period than running or cycling?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Went for a walk, the other day, along the river a few hundred yards from my house.
BIG mistake.
It seemed to be a cross between a narrow athletics track and a single lane velodrome.
90% of the runners/cyclists just expected walkers to stand aside, assuming there was enough room to do so safely.
It got me thinking about safety, in all it's guises, to keep the NHS workload as low as possible during Covid.
Cyclist should always have to wear a safety hat, always, and should always wear a mask when cycling off road, i.e. where walkers are likely to be.
Runners should also have to wear a mask when running along busy paths or pavements.
Thoughts?

No they shouldn’t wear masks when cycling. they should just walk and ideally on pavements. Nearly mowed down several cyclists and a set of walkers on the way from work seemingly in the middle of the road. Seems to be a popular place for these new exercising zombies.

Enough ranting. WHO does not recommend masks for exercise.

0AA4EB1F-92B0-430F-B542-653AEFE6EF96.png

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why masks for Runners and Cyclists? I thought initially (don’t know if it’s changed) the advice was to avoid closer than 1-2 metres for 15 minutes or more?

Surely there’s more risk walking downwind from someone for that period than running or cycling?

Because where I was walking, trying to keep it local, they brush past along a narrow tow path whilst breathing extremely heavily.
Surely that increases the risk of firing a nasty virus a whole lot farther.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why should recreational horse riding be banned?

I'm only suggesting banning during this current Covid crisis.
Statistically it is 20 times more dangerous than motor cycling.
Surely, whilst the NHS is flat out dealing with Covid, stopping this dangerous activity would be a good thing.
You'd be staggered at how many A&E patients began the day on a horse.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
BIG mistake.
Thoughts?

I think what you are describing is more rudeness than infection hazard. Outside, the risk of transmission is low, particularly with fleeting contact. Some of the talk about mandating masks outside is really intended to reinforce good make culture inside where it really matters.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
BIG mistake.
Thoughts?

Think you should walk somewhere else rather than trying to create rules for all cyclists, runners and horse riders based on your assessment of one narrow riverside path

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Oh so sorry to hear that - hopefully they'll come through this.