Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The irony being here that they expect vehicles to stop instantaniously the moment they breath on the kerb stone to cross the road, whether at a crossing or not.

maybe where you are, try that round here and youre more likely to be run down by the invincible people in their big metal boxes who think they own the place than them to stop

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
That appears to be a rude attitude from runners and cyclists that you prob would have seen before Covid anyway

A runner and a cyclist will always expect someone to move aside mainly because of the pace they are going at and it’s easier for someone walking to change direction or move aside

Not sure why runners and cyclists should wear masks and what’s wrong with someone riding a horse ?

I think sometimes people just want everyone to be locked up inside 24/7

That's true enough, it's just that there are far more of them right now.
It's bloody dangerous and hospitals are flat out at the moment dealing with Covid.
I'm not after banning it permanently, just whilst all this Covid is taking up all our NHS' resources and time.
People are able to forego golf, football and many other sources of enjoyment that are far less hazardous than riding a horse. Surely they can stop for a few weeks. It would be for the greater good.

D

Deleted member 15344

It's bloody dangerous and hospitals are flat out at the moment dealing with Covid.
I'm not after banning it permanently, just whilst all this Covid is taking up all our NHS' resources and time.
People are able to forego golf, football and many other sources of enjoyment that are far less hazardous than riding a horse. Surely they can stop for a few weeks. It would be for the greater good.
Ban people running and cycling ?!

If we ban everything that can be dangerous you might as well just sit in an empty room and pray

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
So what did we do today? we spoke to one our very favourite restaurants and asked if they could do a special ’day’.

A full Sunday lunch with all the trimmings for 6 people. No one else in there...

Perfect!!

And several bottles of wine in the beer garden....tomorrow sees full lockdown...... that’s the life we have... enjoy

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Ban people running and cycling ?!

If we ban everything that can be dangerous you might as well just sit in an empty room and pray

I think he meant ban horse riding.

I think a lot of people who are running at the minute aren’t normally runners. I’ve never been into running, but have found myself running 3 times a week and walking in the other days just to get some fresh air and movement in my legs. I imagine there are a lot of people doing the same.

D

Deleted member 18588

You still have not shown where the great danger is in recreational horse riding.

In the absence of an answer I will have to assume that you have nothing to support your claim.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Seriously, get over here guys! The wine is in the fridge. You’d love the food, and a good bottle of wine is only 1. 35 euros.....
Now that I'm retired I will seriously consider it. Had an invite from richart to his place over there too. Once the world gets back to normal......... ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
You still have not shown where the great danger is in recreational horse riding.

In the absence of an answer I will have to assume that you have nothing to support your claim.

I've recently learned that it's twenty times more dangerous than motor cycling!
That was directly from a paramedic.
You haven't read my earlier post, post #14560.

NearHull

Visit site
In the Telegraph tonight.
Almost a third of recovered Covid patients return to hospital in five months and one in eight die
Research has found a devastating long-term toll on survivors, with people developing heart problems, diabetes and chronic conditions

I thought this article was worth highlighting. I find it very worrying. (Apologies for the large font, I can’t seem to reduce it ).

D

Deleted member 18588

Why do you think?
Maybe it's because people fall off horses?
You really haven't got a clue what you're talking about, have you.

Anecdotal from one paramedic.

Far more pedestrians get knocked down walking down country lanes. Perhaps we should ban that.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Where are we in southern Spain at present? Locally we’re in lockdown. The village is in a good place but everywhere is toast., hence we can’t travel.

So where am I with this? A daughter who is going blind, and has an MS diagnosis. A daughter who’s new born son has just had an emergency operation. A daughter who has just had COVID and who’s 7 months baby has stopped growing.

You know what. The snowflakes amongst you need to ........ to grow up. You really haven’t got a clue What real pressure is.

I hope 2021 brings you and your family some relief: all the best (y)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Maybe I’m missing something obvious but doesn’t the virus only transmit by a n other person being in close proximity? So if we remove the close proximity thing what are we left with?

With 2 million dead and rising shouldn’t this be a decider?

There’s masks and there’s lockdown. If we ignore those what we actually looking at achieving?

you guys are intelligent to know the answer