Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The former being a much better idea considering its hard at the Best of times to not talk about politics

Then you have one of the biggest political events in history taken place couple weeks ago and a global pandemic

Can't say a word about the politics..

It's a poor policy
Shame. Guess we'll get by though.

D

Deleted member 16999

Maybe the time has come to either open up officially political posts or shut threads down as soon as there is a hint of a political post. At the moment there is to much of a grey area
Maybe it’s time you added to the thread instead of whining about politics and making comments to silh, you contribute nothing, yet want it locked!:rolleyes:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
actually I don’t want it locked I was after clarity on political posts

Politics get mentioned, people start arguing within a coupe of posts, then people start arguing about whether the posts were in fact political, then people start arguing when the mods don't do enough to clamp down on these arguments about the political arguments.
Is that enough clarity for you? :LOL:

D

Deleted member 16999

Politics get mentioned, people start arguing within a coupe of posts, then people start arguing about whether the posts were in fact political, then people start arguing when the mods don't do enough to clamp down on these arguments about the political arguments.
He’s tried closing the Trump/PGA Thread down in the Lounge as well.

I for one can’t wait to read his contribution to the forum once all the politics has been removed.o_O

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Over the last 12 months all you read in the MSM, Social Media and even on this very forum is rule breaking, 'Covidiots' etc etc. I thought this was an interesting article from the BMJ that maybe we should be focusing on the fact that the vast majority of the population are actually adhering to the rules. With the media etc being so focussed on those who are breaking the rules (a minority) all they are doing is giving those who are wavering an excuse to become rule breakers themsevles.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/01/0...s-has-been-misrepresented-and-why-it-matters/

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
No demand for 24x7 vaccination we are told. I say ‘bunkum’ to that. Give me the opportunity to book, or invite me for, a 3am slot and I’ll have it thank you.

Too damn right. Mind you, there is a very large staff requirement as asoon as you go 24 hrs working. If that was the problem, then it should be stated.
To say there is no demand is ridiculous.
In fact, it's a good subject for a poll here.?
(I don't know how to set that up!)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Over the last 12 months all you read in the MSM, Social Media and even on this very forum is rule breaking, 'Covidiots' etc etc. I thought this was an interesting article from the BMJ that maybe we should be focusing on the fact that the vast majority of the population are actually adhering to the rules. With the media etc being so focussed on those who are breaking the rules (a minority) all they are doing is giving those who are wavering an excuse to become rule breakers themsevles.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/01/0...s-has-been-misrepresented-and-why-it-matters/
One very good reason not to watch it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

On a similar subject, you just have to look at the headlines this morning about retail sales being the worst on record. Not really surprising seeing as much of the retail sector has been shut for nearly a year.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

And your point is what- That breaking the rules shouldn't be concentrated on so that the offenders can be urged, cajoled, forced to toe the line?
Just let it happen as acceptable? It is what it is?
Of course it's a minority. But not an acceptable one.
Pick any football match where there has been ( very) bad crowd behaviour .
Any statistical analysis will tell you that the majority were behaving.
However, we all know how bad the overall experience would be.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Whether golf majors should be held on Trump courses is legit material for a golf forum. GM posted this question on social media to invite comments, and it has got some rather robust responses on both sides of the debate.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
And your point is what- That breaking the rules shouldn't be concentrated on so that the offenders can be urged, cajoled, forced to toe the line?
Just let it happen as acceptable? It is what it is?
Of course it's a minority. But not an acceptable one.
Pick any football match where there has been ( very) bad crowd behaviour .
Any statistical analysis will tell you that the majority were behaving.
However, we all know how bad the overall experience would be.

I think the point is that a clear media focus on rule breaking has given a potentially inaccurate impression that, in fact, the majority are breaking the rules and such an impression does little to help overall compliance. An approach where more emphasis is placed n the good things that people are doing may give rise to an atmosphere where compliance is more rigorous whilst also not giving people who are wavering the excuse to break the rules because everyone else is. A press that attempts to be uniting rather than divisive in current times could be a benefit.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whether golf majors should be held on Trump courses is legit material for a golf forum. GM posted this question on social media to invite comments, and it has got some rather robust responses on both sides of the debate.

There would seem to be plenty of scope there to debate on whether golf, or sport in general, should be taking a stance in political matters without actually feeling the need to debate the merits or not of any particular political stance.