Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First visit to a supermarket for me since early March.

Quite impressed with the set up.
One way system on the entry doors, sanitisor with the basket handles, fairly quiet with all but one teenager wearing masks.
All socially distancing.
SS checkouts all protected.
Felt quite safe.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was working in Preston all of last week, I'm a smidge worried now ?

You probably shouldn't be. The risk of getting it is made up of two things, the amount in the local area, prevalence, and then the risk that someone with it gives it to you. Even then, you could turn out to be an asymptomatic carrier and know nothing about it until you get a positive antibody test in a couple of months. The virus is definitely around, especially in higher risk places like Preston, but that doesn't mean it is common. It is probably less than 1% in most parts of the town, way less in some. And if you practice social distancing, as far as you can, wear masks in shops etc, the chance of a case transmitting it to you is also not high.

Don't be worried, be careful.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Now that pubs are open and the weather is fine, people are less inclined to have garden visitors which is a god send.

Neighbours shouldn’t be seen or heard ideally. It was torturous through “lockdown”.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wasn't quite sure which of the two threads to post this in but this seemed the most likely. Track and trace......

I have been in a few golf clubhouses, cafes since this was brought in. Name and number taken or written in by me. That's it. No mention of where I am sitting in the room, no details of when I arrive or leave. If someone in that room tests positive how will they know if I was near them or even in the room at the same time? Am I missing something or is it being carried out by most in an entirely flawed way? Surely they need to know the time I was in, the location of where I was sat in comparison to the person testing positive?

Does anyone know more about this?

(Before anyone goes for the traditional cheap and political dig, my experience has been the same in both England and Scotland)

D

Deleted member 16999

I wasn't quite sure which of the two threads to post this in but this seemed the most likely. Track and trace......

I have been in a few golf clubhouses, cafes since this was brought in. Name and number taken or written in by me. That's it. No mention of where I am sitting in the room, no details of when I arrive or leave. If someone in that room tests positive how will they know if I was near them or even in the room at the same time? Am I missing something or is it being carried out by most in an entirely flawed way? Surely they need to know the time I was in, the location of where I was sat in comparison to the person testing positive?

We have to put time of arrival and departure in the log at the Clubhouse, haven’t been anywhere else so can’t comment.

I have seen the barcode sign on the doors advertised locally, were you scan it on arrival and that records all details and makes it easier to trace you if required.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Local pub is taking details and noting times of arrival and departure.
Local O'Neils has a QR scan reader to log details and guy at front of house taking details for those without QR reader. Seems to be working well as ordering has to be done via O'Neils app and table service. They seem quite strict on movement, even to the loos and ensuring people follow the direction arrows. How this compares to say 8.00pm on a Friday when it starts getting busy I don't know but definitely working well in the afternoons

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

(Before anyone goes for the traditional cheap and political dig, my experience has been the same in both England and Scotland)

It seems to be different in every establishment, some have just sign in and contact details, some have sign in and out with a time, some have a bar code system.
Ironically, I recall Wetherspoons saying quite loud and clearly they will be strictly abiding by all the track and trace procedures, the two in Preston city centre I visited had nothing, one looked like it was going to turn into a nightclub at around 9.45pm.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have to put time of arrival and departure in the log at the Clubhouse, haven’t been anywhere else so can’t comment.

I have seen the barcode sign on the doors advertised locally, were you scan it on arrival and that records all details and makes it easier to trace you if required.
The local Costa had the barcode system but were not promoting it so most people did not notice. I tried to use it but the website it connects to was down so we never ended up being able to use it :rolleyes:.

In the case of your club the timing is an improvement on what I have seen but if they don't know where you have sat that still seems slightly flawed, (no criticism intended of the club who are doing better than every other club I've been to so far, I'm trying to get my head around this). If I came to play at your place, sat at one end of the clubhouse and someone at the other end tested positive, why would I be taking off two weeks from work to quarantine? I am nowhere near that person. When I saw this being used in Germany the cafe they went to made a note of your table so they could pinpoint who sat where and at what time.

Quarantining for 2 weeks is a massive deal, particularly if you work, so if I am getting a call asking for this to happen I want some clear information that I have genuinely been near someone who has tested positive, not just I was in the same building, possibly at the same time.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Most of the places that I've been in seem to be operating on the basis of taking time in/out. From a personal point of view I would definitely not quarantine myself on the basis of possibly being in the same place with someone, I would want confirmed timings.

D

Deleted member 16999

The local Costa had the barcode system but were not promoting it so most people did not notice. I tried to use it but the website it connects to was down so we never ended up being able to use it :rolleyes:.

In the case of your club the timing is an improvement on what I have seen but if they don't know where you have sat that still seems slightly flawed, (no criticism intended of the club who are doing better than every other club I've been to so far, I'm trying to get my head around this). If I came to play at your place, sat at one end of the clubhouse and someone at the other end tested positive, why would I be taking off two weeks from work to quarantine? I am nowhere near that person. When I saw this being used in Germany the cafe they went to made a note of your table so they could pinpoint who sat where and at what time.

Quarantining for 2 weeks is a massive deal, particularly if you work, so if I am getting a call asking for this to happen I want some clear information that I have genuinely been near someone who has tested positive, not just I was in the same building, possibly at the same time.
All sensible points mate, but I don’t know if the size of the room, distance from the “infected”, what they touched, if they went the toilet 30 seconds (whatever), matter or are taken into consideration when they track and trace.

It might be as black and white as you were there for the same time as them and that’s it.?‍♂️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I see parts of NZ back to short term lockdown while they trace the appearance/cause of 4 new cases (this after 100 clear days)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Isnt everyone able to get tested now. If you get the call then you get tested.

Its advisable everyone who is present on the day gets tested.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Isnt everyone able to get tested now. If you get the call then you get tested.

Its advisable everyone who is present on the day gets tested.

Even if you are filling in once the voluntary covid surveys, if you fill in a symptom then they will offer you a test straight away.