Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wish I knew. Just reading Hobbit's posts Spain is absolutely Draconian yet Sweden is doing nothing; who knows which is correct? History will tell us who was correct, but I keep thinking of the old adage that "there are lies, damn lies and statistics." I just hope the statistics we are basing the predictions on are correct, but I have my doubts.

Something I read today saying Sweden is going down the herd immunity route... 'Locking up' its elderly and at risk and allowing (encouraging) others to go about their day...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Something I read today saying Sweden is going down the herd immunity route... 'Locking up' its elderly and at risk and allowing (encouraging) others to go about their day...

Almost two weeks ago at ne of the WHO briefings the chief guy spoke about two countries going down the herd route. He didn't say which countries were doing it but it was well known at the time that it was the UK and Sweden. He said it wasn't the best option, and he also said the response had to be uniform across the globe otherwise it would compromise the other countries approach.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Isolation day whatever......
That was not a good night's sleep by any standards.
2/3 hours max and not in one go.
Lying down tightens my chest more making breathing more uncomfortable- not difficult or laboured but more difficult.
Once I'm up, sitting in my chair sipping coffee at 3.30 most things return to normal.
Breathing is fine, slightly tight chest, tickly throat and occasional cough still, slightly dull head with occasional minor dizziness, sniffles.
But oh so knackered.
Feel like I've just played 36 at Sunningdale- in the heat.......
Getting bored with this now....wanna play another game - although I did just go round St Andrews in 65 on WGT....
Life in the old dog yet(y):cool:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
China has a population of 1.3bn people.
Their first case of the virus was around Jan 1st
As of yesterday, their new case figure is down to 45
3 months and it's almost gone
The first case in Britain was around a month later than China at the beginning of February.
So if we follow China, things could relax next month.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They stopped giving the bcg at schools some time ago. I never had it as the pre test showed I was already immune.

I got a detention at school because of the BCG injection. OK I did come out of the room pretending to scream in pain saying the needle was too big, no care was taken etc. Kids were running off everywhere.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
But China had a much more vigorous lockdown.
It won’t take much to reignite it, 45 a day could be 1000 a day in 2 weeks time.

Relaxing too early is almost as bad as not locking down early enough

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The first case in Britain was around a month later than China at the beginning of February.

Unfortunately the UK requires a proper lockdown to pursue that timeline, still just playing around so far

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Almost two weeks ago at ne of the WHO briefings the chief guy spoke about two countries going down the herd route. He didn't say which countries were doing it but it was well known at the time that it was the UK and Sweden. He said it wasn't the best option, and he also said the response had to be uniform across the globe otherwise it would compromise the other countries approach.

Irrespective of who actually took the decision I am pleased "herd immunity" planning was set aside in the UK...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

How much do we trust China to report correct figures? My opinion is that they could have done a lot more to restrict the spread a lot earlier if they locked down flights and travel etc, but, they tried to hide it at first resulting in what we have now.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of our elderly neigbhour has got it and is isolating. Their daughter & son-in-law currently have the symptoms and are isolating. They are hoping to be among the first batch of NHS testers ... lets hope all this will pass..

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How much do we trust China to report correct figures? My opinion is that they could have done a lot more to restrict the spread a lot earlier if they locked down flights and travel etc, but, they tried to hide it at first resulting in what we have now.
Almost as if they planned it that way.... It got to Italy, but not Beijing... ;)

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i agree. I personally think the reported death from China are grossly under reported. I find it hard to belive China is only on 3000. whe're going to top that!!!!!

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

I day I believe propaganda that comes out of China is the day I believe I can win the British Amateur.