Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
But China had a much more vigorous lockdown.

That was my point.
Here we are, a month into it and people are still going to the pub, the church, the beach, parks etc, etc and generally making unnecessary journeys.
We can have as little or as much of the virus as we want.
But as long as the morons think they are immune, we will be staying put.

I day I believe propaganda that comes out of China is the day I believe I can win the British Amateur.

Do you think it's possible to silence every scientist in China?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty much. I have a relative who works out there and have to spoken to him about this repeatedly. If you think they can not do this then you do not understand how China operates internally, how it controls the internet, the news, its people, every aspect of life. 1984 is working just fine in China.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
That was my point.
Here we are, a month into it and people are still going to the pub, the church, the beach, parks etc, etc and generally making unnecessary journeys.
We can have as little or as much of the virus as we want.
But as long as the morons think they are immune, we will be staying put.

In a communist state - Yes I do.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ok, we disagree but the point is we will have this threat for as long as we flaunt the rules.

P.s
I'm not sure why we are listening to Dr. Calderwood who is a obstetrician and gynaecologist
Honest question. If people are flouting the rules now, why will making them stricter work?
We don't have enough law enforcement to police 60m people.
There's stuff on sensible news sites saying that people are not conforming because of language, cultural and religious factors. I don't think changing the rules is going to make them behave differently.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Honest question. If people are flouting the rules now, why will making them stricter work?
We don't have enough law enforcement to police 60m people.
There's stuff on sensible news sites saying that people are not conforming because of language, cultural and religious factors. I don't think changing the rules is going to make them behave differently.

is the flouting the rules?
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...collect-15-windows-with-wife-in-boot-11965500

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
a good friend of mine was rushed to hospital yesterday with breathing difficulties and was placed on one of those new Dyson ventilators.

the nurse said that he's picking up nicely :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
a good friend of mine was rushed to hospital yesterday with breathing difficulties and was placed on one of those new Dyson ventilators.

I think it's wrong :unsure: but I couldn't help laugh at that. Wouldn't it be miserable if you lived in a country right now that didn't have black humour? It is a good release from the tension.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I used to use one of his vacuum cleaners but now it's just sat in the hall gathering dust :oops:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How much do we trust China to report correct figures? My opinion is that they could have done a lot more to restrict the spread a lot earlier if they locked down flights and travel etc, but, they tried to hide it at first resulting in what we have now.
Yes that was a disaster,it could and maybe should have been contained in China.
But planes are still travelling all over the world now.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
i agree. I personally think the reported death from China are grossly under reported. I find it hard to belive China is only on 3000. whe're going to top that!!!!!
Not saying the Chinese aren't hiding but look at Germany....60k+ cases and just over 500 deaths......