Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No-one is asking you too
6 days until April 12th and step 2
Step 3 next month
Step 4 the month after.

All the restrictions are not going to be in place for months and years to come

That is what I hope for. But last night's press conference certainly indicated something different.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you sick of the 100,000 plus people who have lost their life because of the virus ? What about the affects on their families ?

Is wearing a mask and cleaning a trolley that much of a hardship to try and at the very least keep those infections down

It’s people that were “sick of it” who ignored social distancing and wearing of masks the first time.

It must be very hard for you to think of others beyond just yourself but that person who cleans that trolley for ten mins is doing it for their safety and the safety of others - they clearly think about it will affect them

Really, it has to be that black and white. Not allowed to be fed up with restrictions without be blasé about those who have sadly lost their lives. If you are sick of it then you ignored the rules first time (I am sick of it and I obeyed the rules every time). Just because you are fed up with it does not mean you are just going to break the rules and have no consideration for others. Don't forget, people have been locked down for varying amounts of time. For me it has been pretty much 6 months now, people in Leicester have barely been off lockdown in a year, others only saw the real restrictions kick in at the beginning of January.

Believe it or not, you can be fed up with the rules and sick of he whole situation without being any of the things that you mention. It is that sort of one sided, judgmental, argumentative approach that causes no end of problems.

D

Deleted member 15344

No-one is asking you too
6 days until April 12th and step 2
Step 3 next month
Step 4 the month after.

All the restrictions are not going to be in place for months and years to come
That is what I hope for. But last night's press conference certainly indicated something different.

It’s been said a number of times that masks and some levels of social distancing will be in place for a while yet and even past the June timeline

The June date was removing most of the restrictions

Masks will be in place in a number of events and places - especially in confided spaces in large numbers

D

Deleted member 15344

Really, it has to be that black and white. Not allowed to be fed up with restrictions without be blasé about those who have sadly lost their lives. If you are sick of it then you ignored the rules first time (I am sick of it and I obeyed the rules every time). Just because you are fed up with it does not mean you are just going to break the rules and have no consideration for others. Don't forget, people have been locked down for varying amounts of time. For me it has been pretty much 6 months now, people in Leicester have barely been off lockdown in a year, others only saw the real restrictions kick in at the beginning of January.

Believe it or not, you can be fed up with the rules and sick of he whole situation without being any of the things that you mention. It is that sort of one sided, judgmental, argumentative approach that causes no end of problems.

Yes maybe it’s time to be that black and white

But also a times to understand people who are struggling mentally with the restrictions and those that just don’t like them. And when someone is complaining about someone cleaning a trolley I see it being easy to see which bracket they fall in

When it comes to June and people are going to be free from many restrictions then it’s going to be very hard for someone to complain about just having to wear a mask or stand two meters away from someone or have to wait in a queue to ensure that the shops aren’t rammed.

There isn’t going to be magic switch come June where everything will be back to normal.

People will be asked to wear masks , clean/sanitise hands on entry - virus won’t just disappear and lives will still be lost

Hopefully the past 12 months will give people a bit more personal responsibility for hygiene as well

RichA

Visit site
Someone at my work suggested booking Flight Club (bar with darts booths) for an evening in June. Half the people who have been complaining about the pubs being shut conceded that they aren't comfortable being back in a crowded pub quite so soon as June. Feels like some folks just moan about the restrictions because it's the done thing at the moment.
I'm sure we'll all make our own minds up when we're ready to accept the freedoms, as they come.
My dad tells me that for 5 years, during the 1940s, everyone carried a mask around in a cardboard box over their shoulder. Nobody complained because it would be considered unpatriotic and small-minded.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone at my work suggested booking Flight Club (bar with darts booths) for an evening in June. Half the people who have been complaining about the pubs being shut conceded that they aren't comfortable being back in a crowded pub quite so soon as June. Feels like some folks just moan about the restrictions because it's the done thing at the moment.
I'm sure we'll all make our own minds up when we're ready to accept the freedoms, as they come.
My dad tells me that for 5 years, during the 1940s, everyone carried a mask around in a cardboard box over their shoulder. Nobody complained because it would be considered unpatriotic and small-minded.
To be fair, they may well have moaned inwardly or to a neighbour but that is easily forgotten now, all these years later. The advent of social media and 24 hr news gives so many ways for gripes to be put out there and the moans can seem magnified. I suspect most people now are not complaining or are only having a minor moan just to let off a bit of steam.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Yes maybe it’s time to be that black and white

But also a times to understand people who are struggling mentally with the restrictions and those that just don’t like them. And when someone is complaining about someone cleaning a trolley I see it being easy to see which bracket they fall in

When it comes to June and people are going to be free from many restrictions then it’s going to be very hard for someone to complain about just having to wear a mask or stand two meters away from someone or have to wait in a queue to ensure that the shops aren’t rammed.

There isn’t going to be magic switch come June where everything will be back to normal.

People will be asked to wear masks , clean/sanitise hands on entry - virus won’t just disappear and lives will still be lost

Hopefully the past 12 months will give people a bit more personal responsibility for hygiene as well

GB72 has told of his mental anguish over the last few weeks but still persevered, so to me he could fall in to your first bold bit .I do not think just because someone voices their upset you cannot truly see ,
as you put it "which bracket they fall in ".
As LT says is it someone letting off steam ? That is preferable to storing all the despair and falling deeper in to mental issues .
We need to keep our eyes open and support each other not try to categorize someone just because they see things a bit different to others.

D

Deleted member 15344

GB72 has told of his mental anguish over the last few weeks but still persevered, so to me he could fall in to your first bold bit .I do not think just because someone voices their upset you cannot truly see ,
as you put it "which bracket they fall in ".
As LT says is it someone letting off steam ? That is preferable to storing all the despair and falling deeper in to mental issues .
We need to keep our eyes open and support each other not try to categorize someone just because they see things a bit different to others.

As I said there is a difference between someone like GB72 who has struggled and as voiced that - judgement wasn’t being made towards people like GB72

It was more towards the people who just feel that it’s all an inconvenience for them to carry on their normal life.

The whole 12 plus months has shown a lot about our society

As for today numbers

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well the wife's nans managed to avoid covid throughout .. wife has avoided her but since she had her jab few months ago (phizer) she not been right

In hospital their saying possible brain damage caused by the jab. It's very very very very rare but what a kick

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well the wife's nans managed to avoid covid throughout .. wife has avoided her but since she had her jab few months ago (phizer) she not been right

In hospital their saying possible brain damage caused by the jab. It's very very very very rare but what a kick
Wow! That's a hell of a suggestion.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
A question about the AZ blood clods side effect,

if a vaccine which is a viral vector can cause a blood clot, can the actual virus cause one as well? Or is there something else in the vaccine which causes the effects, if it causes one at all?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

if a vaccine which is a viral vector can cause a blood clot, can the actual virus cause one as well? Or is there something else in the vaccine which causes the effects, if it causes one at all?
It's to early to ask that question as (as far as I know) it's not known that the vaccine does actually cause the blood clots - just that some people who've had the vaccine have also had clots. There's no proven causal relationship yet.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

The viral vector was suspected from the start of carrying a risk of stimulating an immune reaction of the wrong sort, reducing efficacy. This adverse event appears to be associated with an immune reaction to platelets induced by the vaccine, causing platelet aggregation. It is quite hard to prove definitively that this is caused by the vaccine, but I think there is strong evidence to show that it is. The antibody has been identified, the affected population is a little unusual compared to the normally affected population and the time course fits.It caused an apparently paradoxical situation, where lately clots occur in one part of the body and low platelets giving a risk of bleeding elsewhere. This is because so many platelets are used up in the car crash thrombus.

There has been a great deal of stuff in the media, mostly by people who have never had to deal with an emerging safety issue for a new medicine. The issue for the regulators is not just how many of these Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis cases there are, although that is certainly one issue. The issue is whether this is part of a wider thrombo-embolic phenomenon and whether there is a pile of myocardial infections, stroke and renal failures due to the same event. These events are less likely to be singled out as concerning and suspicious, but could add up to a lot more cases than the CVSTs. Adverse event reporting rates are notoriously unreliable, so you can't just rely on the number of cases reported, you have to actually go out and look for the true numbers. Once you have an idea about that number, you can better judge the benefit-risk of the vaccine.

I said at the start of this that the regulatory decision to pause vaccine while they assess the event was reasonable, and was not political, and I think the MHRA wants to do the same but is being leant on not to do so. The supply shortages of AZ may have come at a good time.

On the question, Covid certainly causes blood clots due to an inflammatory effect on blood vessels. That is a different mechanism than the one suspected for the AZ vaccine and occurs mainly in people who have a protracted course of Covid. The Pfizer and Moderna vax would not be expected to cause this effect.

It is likely that the benefit-risk still strongly favours pressing on with the vaccine. If you are a youngish woman, it is probably preferable and prudent to receive an mRNA vax, if available. If one is not available, better to take the AZ than wait.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

What exactly did they say the adverse event was?. Brain damage is a very broad and non-specific term.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What exactly did they say the adverse event was?. Brain damage is a very broad and non-specific term.

Tell you the truth Ethan I'm not entirely sure, I'm not fully in the loop, my mother in law is having to deal with it so I get snippets from the wife but I'm working so it's very few and far between

First was suspected broken hip, turns out badly bruised (from the fall)

Then suspected bad water infection causing the memory loss

Now it's suspected brain damage from her first jab..

Tbh it's very hard for one to keep up and two hard full stop because of covid nobody can go in so the mother in law is dealing for it remotely. And because the grandmother isn't totally with it she said her next of kin was her son who does nothing for them so we had to fight to get them to talk to the mother in law as out the 4 kids she's the one that does everything

I'm just on the back bench doing whatever asked

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tell you the truth Ethan I'm not entirely sure, I'm not fully in the loop, my mother in law is having to deal with it so I get snippets from the wife but I'm working so it's very few and far between

First was suspected broken hip, turns out badly bruised (from the fall)

Then suspected bad water infection causing the memory loss

Now it's suspected brain damage from her first jab..

Tbh it's very hard for one to keep up and two hard full stop because of covid nobody can go in so the mother in law is dealing for it remotely. And because the grandmother isn't totally with it she said her next of kin was her son who does nothing for them so we had to fight to get them to talk to the mother in law as out the 4 kids she's the one that does everything

I'm just on the back bench doing whatever asked

I suspect it has nothing to do with the vax. If the hospital suspects otherwise they should report it as such, though, with whatever evidence supports their view. The Pfizer vax has very little in it that could cause brain damage unless the immune response itself caused a reaction.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I suspect it has nothing to do with the vax. If the hospital suspects otherwise they should report it as such, though, with whatever evidence supports their view. The Pfizer vax has very little in it that could cause brain damage unless the immune response itself caused a reaction.

Since she had jab one she had full blown covid symtons for about a month

Even tho only time she has left the house since covid was for the jab

Not saying it is the jab 100% but that's what the drs as suspecting

Maybe what you say, her reaction to it caused it rather than the jab itself

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Since she had jab one she had full blown covid symtons for about a month

Even tho only time she has left the house since covid was for the jab

Not saying it is the jab 100% but that's what the drs as suspecting

Maybe what you say, her reaction to it caused it rather than the jab itself

That's the thing, the jab doesn't give full blown Covid symptoms for a month. I hope they have reported it.