Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We are directly feeling the pain and misery ...a very tough place to be with v limited job/work opportunities and lots of new unemployed looking for them. For some folks the pandemic has been no easy-life on furlough or getting grants - and so being able to save lots of money and have a nice time...it's been very tough and difficult - and will continue to be so.
Thought you had just retired and was feeling extremely well off

D

Deleted member 15344

If the jab is reputed to be 95% effective, maybe the other 5% are those that it doesn’t work for...?

I think this guy was looking at when people where getting a positive Covid test compared to when they had the first vaccine

I can’t find it at the moment but I’m sure it was 80 people getting a positive Covid test 3 weeks after their first vaccine

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
As far as I have read (shame Ethan isn't here to corroborate or correct this as appropriate), those who have been jabbed and still manage to become infected are very unlikely to contract a severe version of Covid and also their transmission rate was very low as they had little 'viral load'.

Also, there is the point that the time when they were infected was likely to have been soon after receiving the jab, before the antibodies had been created.
So, really, in those cases, it wasn't an instance of a vaccinated, protected person
becoming infected.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
As far as I have read (shame Ethan isn't here to corroborate or correct this as appropriate), those who have been jabbed and still manage to become infected are very unlikely to contract a severe version of Covid and also their transmission rate was very low as they had little 'viral load'.

Ethan agrees.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Weather forecast not looking great this Easter. A shame for anyone playing golf but on the other hand it might dampen down the mass moron get togethers which can only be a good thing.

Although it’s already been proved that the ‘mass moron get togethers’ never did anything to the infection rate s outdoor transmission is negligible. It’s the indoor Easter meals etc amongst small numbers that’s do far more for the uptick in infections.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Although it’s already been proved that the ‘mass moron get togethers’ never did anything to the infection rate s outdoor transmission is negligible. It’s the indoor Easter meals etc amongst small numbers that’s do far more for the uptick in infections.

They might not be transmitting anything but here in Devon & Cornwall they are causing havoc with the Fire Brigade being called out nightly with fires around the dunes and out on the moors because of BBQs.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
They might not be transmitting anything but here in Devon & Cornwall they are causing havoc with the Fire Brigade being called out nightly with fires around the dunes and out on the moors because of BBQs.

Granted however that’s been the case in normal times I’d imagine. Always a few idiots.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why don’t you put him on ignore ? It’s almost as if you are desperate to annoyed by him. It would solve a lot of your issues
I don't have issues. I was only pointing out that there is work available if you really want it, as Amanda has shown us. Can't see what was wrong with that.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There’s a few campervans popping up around here in Fife too but I think it’s a grey area now because from 2nd April it’s Stay Local not Stay At Home.

I can understand how people will interpret that as clearance to overnight locally.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There’s a few campervans popping up around here in Fife too but I think it’s a grey area now because from 2nd April it’s Stay Local not Stay At Home.

I can understand how people will interpret that as clearance to overnight locally.
maybe, but would you spend the night in a car park if you were local??

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
maybe, but would you spend the night in a car park if you were local??

I’d consider anything that’ll get me away from the house and I suspect I’m not alone. I’ve camped in the garden a couple of times over winter and I was considering sleeping on the beach last night but I got a tee time this morning. ?

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

You're right. I should have included large dysfunctional families in the mass moron category.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I’d consider anything that’ll get me away from the house and I suspect I’m not alone. I’ve camped in the garden a couple of times over winter and I was considering sleeping on the beach last night but I got a tee time this morning. ?
sleeping on the beach is one thing, rocking up in a council car park is another. None of the camp sites are open so no where for any of these CV to empty the Toilets, so i suspect it will be like last year, people dumping it in laybys and car parks.