Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that, I only posted it as I thought when you did it I found it useful, so I thought I would carry on.
Today I posted it as it referenced the poor reporting of the numbers by the media, in this case Sky News.
Can’t please some people, so I will stop doing it it too, thanks though Liverpoolphil as I now follow the sites you posted from on Twitter and I, at least, benefitted from them.

Please either you or @Liverpoolphil keep on posting them. Those that don't want to read them can scroll right on by.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I'd ask the opposite - the links take ages to load and slow down the forum pages. The info is so easily accessible elsewhere. And replicated data (ie cut & paste) is part of the general malaise of the internet .

That’s your opinion and that’s fine

I have no problem with folk posting official stats , doesn’t break any forum rules so they are free to crack on.

It’s quick to move on past content you have no interest in ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We are directly feeling the pain and misery ...a very tough place to be with v limited job/work opportunities and lots of new unemployed looking for them. For some folks the pandemic has been no easy-life on furlough or getting grants - and so being able to save lots of money and have a nice time...it's been very tough and difficult - and will continue to be so.

Sorry to come back to this post but it has irked. I was furloughed (easy life!), then returned to work under huge pressure and then made redundant. I'm currently walking the streets knocking on doors for the Census. It's not glamorous, it's not saving lots of money and having a nice time but it's a job. Just for 5 weeks but it's a job. They are out there if you look hard enough and take what's offered.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Sorry to come back to this post but it has irked. I was furloughed (easy life!), then returned to work under huge pressure and then made redundant. I'm currently walking the streets knocking on doors for the Census. It's not glamorous, it's not saving lots of money and having a nice time but it's a job. Just for 5 weeks but it's a job. They are out there if you look hard enough and take what's offered.
There are unfortunately many people who will have gone through what you have. I have been fortunate so far, but the future looks uncertain.

There are two ways to deal with the situation. As you have, by getting out there and finding another job to keep you going until something else comes along.

Or, as many others are doing, moaning that life isn't fair whilst claiming UC.

Out of interest, I just did a job search from my postcode on Indeed. There are 223 jobs advertised within 5 miles. I live in a rural area so would excpect more living near a large city.

There is lots of work out there as long as you are prepared to do it.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Same happened to my cousin - made redundant - now doing census work for 5 or 6 weeks - got his name down to do exam supervision later this year. His wife is a nurse.
But I also know low-waged and un-waged people who have had a very tough time for a long time. Every person's plight is a case to be "considered" not "judged" in my view.
"Well done Amanda" for your efforts to find work is something I can agree with.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Furlough is only great if you know your job is safe to go back to afters

If you know the company just putting back unemployment then it's not good at all

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That’s your opinion and that’s fine

I have no problem with folk posting official stats , doesn’t break any forum rules so they are free to crack on.

It’s quick to move on past content you have no interest in ?

'Copy and Paste' can infringe copyright.

Why not have a "Covid data" thread for those who don't read, llisten or watch broadcasts or search NHS / Gov.uk websites ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
'Copy and Paste' can infringe copyright.

Why not have a "Covid data" thread for those who don't read, llisten or watch broadcasts or search NHS / Gov.uk websites ?

Not really. It's on a public format ie the internet .. noone is presenting data as their own ...

Or making profit

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Well done Amanda, and good luck for the future. When I was between career orientated jobs, and contracts, in the early 90's I quite literally sorted plastic bottles in a recycling plant. It wasn't pleasant work but it kept money coming in. Not only that, even though eligible during the breaks in employment, I didn't claim 'the dole.' Yes, sometimes there's a need to fall back on the state for help but sometimes its an excuse.

D-S

Visit site
Good numbers again today, although Wales data not included. Even Sky News can’t report this as a ‘plateau‘ can they? I’m sure the media will manage to chisel some bad news out of this though.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
One stat I would like to see is the infection rate in those who have had first and second jabs

Ie the 3402 new cases above of which x had the first jab more than 3 weeks ago and x had the 2nd jab more than 3 weeks ago

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One stat I would like to see is the infection rate in those who have had first and second jabs

Ie the 3402 new cases above of which x had the first jab more than 3 weeks ago and x had the 2nd jab more than 3 weeks ago

One thing I've noticed (lockdown or not) is the amount of people isolating now compared

In first few months I knew a hand ful of people isolating

In December I knew of 20 people

We haven't had anyone isolate at work since January now I think ..

D

Deleted member 15344

Someone posted about that last week in the Twitter thread - let me see if I can find , I believe it was very low