Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Leftitshort

Visit site
The mental side is a tough balance

First lockdown I worked solid as a key worker . Overtime constantly

This one I been on leave and paternity .. before lockdown I had leave but could play golf once a week. Just for mental health

I've missed it so much. Im working today .. which is just beautiful to get away from home for a bit. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and my wife dearly but being just at home constantly without a small break has made us snappy at each other and it don't feel great

Got a round booked this week and I predict even a round a fortnight will just help so much more
I’m not an entrenched libertarian. Whilst Bobs post is hyperbole, there is an element of truth in there regards protection of the NHS. The flip side is the unemployment, bankruptcy, mental health issues and general affect of a fear riven society that all of these ‘lockdown/tier measures will cause. The tiers themselves are a nonsense, rural Leicestershire in with urban Leicester, but Windsor is separate from Slough ???

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes but it is what individuals need to relax and relieve stress etc. For me it is meeting with a couple if friends, chatting, couple of bottles of wine etc. Not talking parties etc. Rural living can be very isolating when you take away the community. Even in tier 2 I could set up some heaters in the garden but tier 3 is a nightmare for me. Again, if this was for another month then I think I could handle it better but the fact that the talk is now of being in the same tier until the end of March and we are talking nearly 6 months in relative isolation and I will admit now that I do not think I can follow the rules for that long
If you want to have a talk then I'm available for a chat. Just give me a pm if you want ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not an entrenched libertarian. Whilst Bobs post is hyperbole, there is an element of truth in there regards protection of the NHS. The flip side is the unemployment, bankruptcy, mental health issues and general affect of a fear riven society that all of these ‘lockdown/tier measures will cause. The tiers themselves are a nonsense, rural Leicestershire in with urban Leicester, but Windsor is separate from Slough ???

We have family friends in pembury .. they have been given tier 3 in Kent

Due to cases an hour drive away

It's a bit mental how the areas are so broad

I mean their rates are lower than ours

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Without being unduly flippant (unlike your reply) thats unfortunately an occupational hazard. Lockdowns are about easing admission rates, not preventing deaths.
It’s not a zero sum equation. Whilst I support some measures, the effects of this action will be with us long after the vaccine has been proven to be effective.

Of course it's about preventing deaths. It's about easing admission rates too.
Because if you're not admitted, you don't die( of Covid).
What you call flippant is a timely reminder that as bad as it is to be in lockdown, it most certainly is worse for many others, and certainly the Drs and nurses as described by Bob.
Don't forget , they are in lockdown too, and when they are off duty they more than you and I, and many others, need the freedoms and ability to wind down and release the tensions that are presently denied us.
So, no, none is being flippant here.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have family friends in pembury .. they have been given tier 3 in Kent

Due to cases an hour drive away

It's a bit mental how the areas are so broad

I mean their rates are lower than ours

Same here, whole of Lincolnshire locked down due to issues in the north and east. 30 miles from the nearest hotspots but only 10 miles from tier 2 in Rutland

Leftitshort

Visit site
Of course it's about preventing deaths. It's about easing admission rates too.
Because if you're not admitted, you don't die( of Covid).
What you call flippant is a timely reminder that as bad as it is to be in lockdown, it most certainly is worse for many others, and certainly the Drs and nurses as described by Bob.
Don't forget , they are in lockdown too, and when they are off duty they more than you and I, and many others, need the freedoms and ability to wind down and release the tensions that are presently denied us.
So, no, none is being flippant here.
That’s precisely my point, it’s nuanced. Stay at home save lives, isn’t nuanced, so to repeat it verbatim is to ignore the other knock on affects.
Without labouring the point, again to remove hyperbole, lockdowns manage the flow of admissions (primary) they can reduce the death rate, because they allow effective, resourced treatment of the most ill.(secondary)
I recognise their importance and support their use where necessary. I also recognise the other ‘negative’ implications of this action.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Tier systems will be in place but if areas numbers come down then there is little justification to stay in the highest tier -if an area stays in tier 3 for 4 months then something isn’t right.

Totally agree, but I’m really losing faith that there is much enthusiasm to move areas between tiers, certainly downwards. And my mood isn’t helped when MP’s can’t even agree.

My own MP has suggested there is no reason why our own district cannot be treated as a separate entity to the local city, and moved to Tier 2 once the infection rate justifies it. Contrast that to another local MP who maintains the county will be dealt with as one. And that spells trouble for the county because the city has been a Covid hotspot for months.

The consensus seems to be Tier 1 is likely to be an unachievable dream unless you live on an island with only a couple of goats for company. And for counties like ours, whilst the city continues to have a sky high infection rate, the rest of the county will continue to pay the price, and Tier 2 is little more than a pipe dream.

That means that indoor social interaction for many beyond their own households won’t be happening any time soon.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And then you're thinking of going up to the MiL's... You've acknowledged there's a risk but, with your expert knowledge, determined its not significant. Its no risk if you don't do it. Why do you continually look to duck around the recommendations?
I’m not looking to duck around and don’t and haven’t. The rules for gatherings in Tier2 say we can as a church do what’s planned - we 100% would not do it if we were not 100% compliant. In fact we will be more than compliant as we will wear masks and we are not required to do so. The services themselves will be on-line.

And as far as going to MiLs next weekend? We’re not. We will prob go later in the month. We would not go if it did not fit 100% with what we are allowed to do.

We are not of those who push the bounds of the rules to see what we can get away with. That’s just not our approach to living and coping with this.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I’m not looking to duck and don’t. The rules for gatherings in Tier2 say we can as a church do what’s planned - we 100% would not do it if we were not 100% compliant. In fact we will be more than compliant as we will wear masks and we are not required to do so. The services themselves will be on-line.

And as far as going to MiLs next weekend? We’re not. We will prob go later in the month. We would not go if it did not fit 100% with what we are allowed to do.

We are not of those who push the bounds of the rules to see what we can get away with. That’s just not our approach to living and coping with this.
I thought there was no mixing inside except for your household or bubble...:unsure:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do you play the much forgotten rule that if someone declines to purchase a property they land on, there should be an auction for everyone else to bid for it? So many people forget this rule and the game drags because of it.
It's been re introduced in the new rules.
We also allow bids/deals/swops for other players cards at any time.
Alliances and partnerships tend to get formed if some looks like like winning.:eek::sick:
Probably why we argue so much.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But the rules allow it. Amazing how some rules are understandable and others just cause such confusion :rolleyes:
For goodness sake. I believe that I fully understand all the rules but when asking about going to my MiLs I was actually testing my understanding to see if I had got it 100% right. Make that comment towards others but don’t make it towards me please.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
For goodness sake. I believe that I fully understand all the rules but when asking about going to my MiLs I was actually testing my understanding to see if I had got it 100% right. Make that comment towards others but don’t make it towards me please.

Are you going to test your understanding by maybe driving to Barnard Castle? ??

Surely you must be fully aware of the rules by now, you’ve discussed them enough

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

So, lemme get this right... you fully understand the rules (i.e. 100% understand) then want to check of you are 100% understanding? Come on man, your posts are nothing more than thinly veiled digs at the rules and, more importantly, the rule makers. And its wearing thin with many forumers by the looks of it.

On several topics you twist and turn your point of view to suit a certain context. Its actually a little tragic but also a little amusing as well.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The rules set by Govt certainly have inconsistencies in them, for sure, but are meant to define a simple to understand level of safety. They should not be used as a target, though, just like it isn't wise to drink to within 1mg/ml of the drink-driving limit even though it is barely legal.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I’m not looking to duck around and don’t and haven’t. The rules for gatherings in Tier2 say we can as a church do what’s planned - we 100% would not do it if we were not 100% compliant. In fact we will be more than compliant as we will wear masks and we are not required to do so. The services themselves will be on-line.

Except when it involves political posts...? :unsure:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
So, lemme get this right... you fully understand the rules (i.e. 100% understand) then want to check of you are 100% understanding? Come on man, your posts are nothing more than thinly veiled digs at the rules and, more importantly, the rule makers. And its wearing thin with many forumers by the looks of it.

On several topics you twist and turn your point of view to suit a certain context. Its actually a little tragic but also a little amusing as well.

Not so much wearing thin as worn through some time ago. :rolleyes: