Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
My daughter and my ex wife who has advanced dementia and in a wheel chair have been stranded here for 10 days since coming from Tenerife. Staying a week in a couple of hotels that then closed their restaurants
They managed to get a friends holiday caravan in Dunbar while they sort things out with a care home for my ex.
Now the caravan site is closing and wanted them out by tonight, after some discussion their allowed to stay a little longer. Now looking for a ground floor apartment to short term rent as the can't afford hotel prices.

Sounds a proper nightmare, hope it all gets sorted soon ????

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
De-spidered the shed and put another shelf up in there, plus a place to hang stuff. Then scarified the lawn. Cracking days work. Tomorrow? Well I've got loads to do so not sure what will take priority.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Until last week it hadn't really affected me that much. On Friday last week we came into port and a colleague had come down with worrying symptoms, which meant the captain decided to quarantine our boat. He was monitored over the weekend and didn't get any better so on Monday the Port Authorities, WHO and Public Health England had to be informed. My voluntary 7 day isolation at home has now become an enforced self-isolation until 3rd April at the earliest. Fortunately I'm not showing any symptoms so far and am feeling OK. Have hooked up to the house electric and WiFi and have a TV and PS4 to keep me entertained.
IMG_20200324_181428598.jpg

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just got told my relief for work isn't coming out.....
I've only done 2 weeks as i failed a medical and was on statutory sick pay.
There going to ask me to stay on, guaranteed, not a problem really.
We get treble time for overtime, but i reckon they will try and shaft me and give me single time as i missed my first week.
Any employment experts out there!!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
My son has been in in the Antarctic since October and now trying to get home. Unfortunately all scheduled flights from South America are cancelled so the only hope now appears to be a flight out to the Falklands and an RAF flight back to the UK.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just got told my relief for work isn't coming out.....
I've only done 2 weeks as i failed a medical and was on statutory sick pay.
There going to ask me to stay on, guaranteed, not a problem really.
We get treble time for overtime, but i reckon they will try and shaft me and give me single time as i missed my first week.
Any employment experts out there!!
What line of work you in Brian.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Wolf at the time we flew, the advice re travel to mexico on the official government FOC website. Not the golf monthly travel opinion site, was Mexico is safe to travel to. So your tripe is wrong, otherwise how would we have got out here. I know a pegasus horse
We Would still be here til Saturday if the twats in the UK had not gone out en massee over the weekend. A month before I came out here Beezerk was here. Was he wrong to fly out here. No coz the FOC said it's ok to travel. Re a risk to our grandkids, we have more chance of catching something off them as they have been in a country that has a far higher rate of Covid than here. Would like to see where I have said there is confirmed cases near here.
You’re a joke.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I thought moving to 'total confinement' was an aggressive gov response
I really thought implementing a 10 day 'curfew' 2 days later was brutal meaning we can't leave the home for any reason accept food shopping

Now 2 days later (because some people were still food shopping) we've moved to a no notice 1 week total lockdown of all food stores with the curfew in place, just as pay day approachs

A lot of people are not gonna have a week's food at home

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My son has been in in the Antarctic since October and now trying to get home. Unfortunately all scheduled flights from South America are cancelled so the only hope now appears to be a flight out to the Falklands and an RAF flight back to the UK.

Not being funny, but maybe it would be a better option for him to stay there and wait it out.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Hope he gets back Clive ??

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think maybe we could all stop hammering Tashy now? I have to be honest if we had invested money in a holiday and the airline didn't cancel it for us, I'd have had a hard time deciding what to do, and probably leaned on the side of going and avoiding the tug-of-war around getting a refund and so on.

Tashy maybe don't comment on people's movements anymore as you're going to get jumped on every time. :LOL:

Maybe if he stopped hammering us with utter :poop: there wouldn't be an issue? Just saying.