Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You mean like your exaggerated response?

We get it, you think the easing of restrictions is happening too soon, others disagree.
Repeating yourself over and over again isn't going to change anyone's mind.
I'd suggest if you've nothing new to say you move on.
It has been a discussion. You have decided to join it by saying to an individual he shouldn't be posting in it. Rather hypocritical.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well it’s just getting like the political threads now

There is not one single right answer that will satisfy everyone and people better placed than any of us will make what they think is the best decision for as many people as possible

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have been very (no real other word for it) lucky with covid so far. There is no real other way to put it.. as we limited much we could etc etc like everyone else but to date (touch wood) we haven't had it.. or anyone in our support network have it.. few scares where people get pinged and get a PCR .. but nothing yet

However this week my sister and her husband tested positive , fingers crossed she's alright as she was worried a lot before as asthmatic

Also this week on Wednesday I think it was the wife worked with someone who's since tested positive. 2 hours in same class so she been told to LFT every day for 7 days

Let's hope it stays at that. However bearing in mind we both work (me throughout and wife since she went back from maternity in sept) and eldest has been through pre school and nursery so far pretty much fine

Lucky is defo the word

Let's hope the covid dodging game stays first class ..

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It has been a discussion. You have decided to join it by saying to an individual he shouldn't be posting in it. Rather hypocritical.

That is NOT what I said and you know it.
I SUGGESTED if you had nothing new to say you move on.
We all know what you think and merely repeating yourself isn't adding to the discussion.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
However this week my sister and her husband tested positive , fingers crossed she's alright as she was worried a lot before as asthmatic
Mum and her sister were both asthmatics. The aunt died within a couple of hours of getting Hong Kong Flu many years ago. Mum always tried to stay as calm as she could because 'worry' exacerbated her symptoms.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That is NOT what I said and you know it.
I SUGGESTED if you had nothing new to say you move on.
We all know what you think and merely repeating yourself isn't adding to the discussion.
Maybe you should move on as you've got nothing to add. I've been commenting on the subject and replying to posts. You on the other hand...

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Daughter and wife now both positive, first time either of us has caught it since the whole thing kicked off (that we know of) Daughter is virtually asymptomatic, mrs just has a heavy cold. I'm still showing negative at the moment but i'm guessing that won't be for long...

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Daughter and wife now both positive, first time either of us has caught it since the whole thing kicked off (that we know of) Daughter is virtually asymptomatic, mrs just has a heavy cold. I'm still showing negative at the moment but i'm guessing that won't be for long...
It was frustrating when me and Missis T caught it both times. We kept to the rules but still caught it. I had said to Missis T that we would catch it what with kids at school, back and forwards between parents and us. Daughter being a copper. Son a class one driver. Who brought it home both times. As crap as it was, it was what it was. Hope all ends up well..

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Jacinda Ardern once more setting a fantastic example in leading her countries fight against COVID.

I really do think locking down for a handful of cases is going to do more harm than good in the long term. The population are building up no natural immunity whatsoever.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I really do think locking down for a handful of cases is going to do more harm than good in the long term. The population are building up no natural immunity whatsoever.

Am not sure what there vaccination rates are. What I am impressed with is there resolution to stick to there route out of it. Whether one agrees with it or not Is a different matter all together.

Be genuinely interested to hear Ethan’s thoughts on the New Zealand thought process.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Natural immunity means natural deaths and natural ICU cases unless it is built on top of a very comprehensive immunisation programme.

Ardern has seen only a handful of Covid deaths, and her economy has suffered less and bounced back faster than the UK. She shows that effective suppression of Covid was possible and that effective public health measures help the economy, not hinder it. In my opinion, she has done a stunning job. Wish we had had her over here.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Is it possible to compare the two countries though, given the huge differences in demographic? The entire population of NZ is just over half that of London alone
Totally agree but I think thee maybe a genuine difference in people mentality as well

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it possible to compare the two countries though, given the huge differences in demographic? The entire population of NZ is just over half that of London alone

It is clearly not a perfect comparison, but the real difference was not in geography or demography but in [redacted] philosophy and leadership. People here are happy to compare Sweden, so why not NZ. Australia has also done a much better job for similar reasons.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Natural immunity means natural deaths and natural ICU cases unless it is built on top of a very comprehensive immunisation programme.

Ardern has seen only a handful of Covid deaths, and her economy has suffered less and bounced back faster than the UK. She shows that effective suppression of Covid was possible and that effective public health measures help the economy, not hinder it. In my opinion, she has done a stunning job. Wish we had had her over here.

My curiosity stems, I suppose, from my assumption that, in the longer term, a combination of a good vaccination programme and immunity built up from community infection gives the best long term protection.

Disregarding how the U.K. and New Zealand have chosen to approach the management of the pandemic, from this point on which population is likely to have the best protection against Covid? I’m genuinely interested.