Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs BiM has just returned a positive lateral flow test. Merry bloody Christmas. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Brilliant:rolleyes: Hope its mild and you're both Ok Rich.
48 hours post booster and I still feel under the weather, although I've been doing some ridiculous hours at work the last few days and my body clock is all over the place so not sure how much is down to that. Arm still feels like its gone the distance with Mike Tyson though :cry:

D

Deleted member 25172

Felt like I was getting better last night after 3 days bedbound, only to wake up feeling awful again. Like it has decided to have another go just to see how I react.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Booster jab done , all plans postponed until Xmas Eve. About as sensible and protected as I can be now in the build up. Seeing same 6 people on Xmas Eve, Xmas day and boxing day then happy to lock myself away as long as is necessary if asked to do so.

That post made me feel a tad sad this morning saying you would happily lock yourself away as long as necessary if asked to do so.

Probably just the way you phrased it.

I’ve done the same as you and tried to be sensible in the run up to Xmas

I think there will some form of a 2 week lockdown after Christmas hopefully no longer than that ?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Headed up to London with the family last night, did Hamley’s, Christmas lights in the West End and then a restaurant before back to the hotel for a Christmas film. Was very busy, you wouldn’t have really noticed the apparent lack of people however I suspect that area of London operates in more of a bubble.

Mask wearing in the shops was close to 100%, was impressed with that. Back in the hotel it appears that Covid doesn’t exist in the Middle East as mask wearing is non existent.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, I hope you both recover quickly. (y)

Thanks Slime, I’m fine and still returning negative lateral flow tests so it means I have the joy of being in our utterly soulless office on my own this morning. Mrs BiM is somewhat coldy but utterly peed off that Christmas Day with her mate and the godchildren is bollocksed. ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That post made me feel a tad sad this morning saying you would happily lock yourself away as long as necessary if asked to do so.

Probably just the way you phrased it.

I’ve done the same as you and tried to be sensible in the run up to Xmas

I think there will some form of a 2 week lockdown after Christmas hopefully no longer than that ?

Yeah, just a bit of hyperbole in the wording. What I meant was, no objection to news years eve etc being cancelled and a lockdown running for a few weeks.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two weeks to the day since the Pfizer booster (left arm) and I still feel as if I have a muscle strain in my left shoulder. It's affected mobility of my left arm slightly and causing disturbed sleep. Not a big deal but niggly enough to be annoying.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Booster jab done , all plans postponed until Xmas Eve. About as sensible and protected as I can be now in the build up. Seeing same 6 people on Xmas Eve, Xmas day and boxing day then happy to lock myself away as long as is necessary if asked to do so.

We had my aunt uncle, cousins, parents, and my sister round Saturday. (all LFT before we met) its the same people we meet with Xmas eve. I said to them this is a trail event / if anything happens at least we have met now and had some family time as opposed to last year when it was just me and my parents.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thanks Slime, I’m fine and still returning negative lateral flow tests so it means I have the joy of being in our utterly soulless office on my own this morning. Mrs BiM is somewhat coldy but utterly peed off that Christmas Day with her mate and the godchildren is bollocksed. ?
Sweet god man, we had four days of purgatory over that word ????
Hope Missis BIM gets well soon.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How has COVID affected you ?
grandsproggs went to there dads on Saturday he had felt rough for a few days and did a LFT Sunday morning. It’s positive. He has asked the kids mum/ daughter to sort out who is having them. It has kicked off big style. Bottom line they have to stay with him. But he don’t want them for 10 days. It has screwed up a lot of Christmas plans. I feel for the kids. Why did he not do a test before the kids turned up ?
Boxing day in-laws are going round to Missis Ts sisters for nibbles etc. well there not now, Niece has COVID. MIL is in bits. We have in laws at Tashyboys abode Christmas Day.
My parents are at me brothers Christmas Day, well they were. His son has COVID so that’s now cancelled. Looks like they are coming here Christmas Day. Tashyboys house is gonna look like a bloody nursing home Christmas Day. ?
Because we do not have the grandsproggs on Christmas Day now, Ave told me parents they can stay Boxing Day night. It looks like that could be Christmas day night as well.
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time ?
Roll on 2023.