Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Just been in Tesco Wokingham. Similar, great majority wearing masks, apart from a pair of middle aged women who knew exactly where all the pies had gone and therefore were at much higher risk than most and needed a mask more than most.

The only justification for that would be if they were meat and potato pies from Wigan. Now , they are irresistible ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a very busy pub and it's no joke when people are standing three or four deep to be served while a group decide they like leaning on the bar and block it off. Staff should shift them.
Ok agree with that, ok in some pubs not in others. My local is never going to get 3 deep and most only need to signal the bar staff to pour the usual from the other side of the room

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We're told that "venues such as nightclubs are a focus for potential superspreading events" and as such from the end of September you will need proof of having had both jabs to be able to enter. Evidence from Israel and Netherlands supposedly supports this. But the end of September is over 10 weeks away. So why are they being allowed to open now without those restrictions? This will also potentially apply to other crowded indoor spaces. I'm assuming that this is just a cynical ploy to try to get as many of the younger generation vaccinated as possible.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We're told that "venues such as nightclubs are a focus for potential superspreading events" and as such from the end of September you will need proof of having had both jabs to be able to enter. Evidence from Israel and Netherlands supposedly supports this. But the end of September is over 10 weeks away. So why are they being allowed to open now without those restrictions? This will also potentially apply to other crowded indoor spaces. I'm assuming that this is just a cynical ploy to try to get as many of the younger generation vaccinated as possible.

Because their main customer base haven't got the vaccine second dose yet and they would need gov support again so this get around "saves' money (until it causes a lockdown)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Is it maybe just a ploy to encourage some of the doubters to get vaccinated? Like posted just before, I know people who will only get a jab if it stops them doing something. There is a word for them, Dossers!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thank heavens she is a former nurse, nice touch with her outfit for the march ?. On the upside, if all of those vaccinated are going to croak then she will be able to get a bargain in the housing market ?.

Scary. I have a cousin who is in this camp. He likes and shares this sort of nonsense all the time on Facebook. I unfriended him some time ago but I know he is still posting regularly with more of the same.

D

Deleted member 16999

Thank heavens she is a former nurse, nice touch with her outfit for the march ?. On the upside, if all of those vaccinated are going to croak then she will be able to get a bargain in the housing market ?.

Scary. I have a cousin who is in this camp. He likes and shares this sort of nonsense all the time on Facebook. I unfriended him some time ago but I know he is still posting regularly with more of the same.
I hope this idiot is interviewed in 2yrs and then committed when she tries to back track.:mad:

Unless of course they give us the antidote hidden in the flu jab.o_O

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

odd you should mention that you have unfriended someone.I have read a few posts today from friends I knew at the pits I worked at. I thought they were intelligent people. Having read some of the things they have posted I am of the ilk they are as thick as pig muck. It’s not that I disagree with what they say. But some of there rational is borderline village idiot territory. Am thinking why do I have this dangerous negativity in my life.
facebook could be getting culled soon.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

We have a couple of relatives who are Covid deniers and anti vaxers. Silly thing is they are currently living like hermits, if they really believed their own stupidity you would think they would be out and about living it up ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Nurses get f-all training in epidemiology, virology and drug development, nor it would appear, telecommunications networks. She can be safely ignored as a crank.

4LEX

Visit site
Had my second jab today and my 5G signal went through the roof :ROFLMAO:

The amount of anti-science and conspiracy theories on social media is staggering. Absolutely no facts, just fear spreading through lies. I've personally unfriended numerous people for peddling this type of garbage, including distant family.

Anyone note the vile parasite that is Katie Hopkins has been booted out of Australia for ignoring their quarentine rules? The only shame is she's got to return back here. A one way ticket to the moon would surely get a lot of donations on GoFundMe :sneaky:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
She can be safely ignored as a crank.

They should be arrested for spreading misleading and dangerous lies that could potentially kill people.

You only have to look across the pond to see that 99.5% of people dying from Covid have not been vaccinated and states with the highest death rates have the lowest vaccine uptake.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had my second jab today and my 5G signal went through the roof :ROFLMAO:

The amount of anti-science and conspiracy theories on social media is staggering. Absolutely no facts, just fear spreading through lies. I've personally unfriended numerous people for peddling this type of garbage, including distant family.

Anyone note the vile parasite that is Katie Hopkins has been booted out of Australia for ignoring their quarentine rules? The only shame is she's got to return back here. A one way ticket to the moon would surely get a lot of donations on GoFundMe :sneaky:
Whats the moon done to deserve that?!?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Travelling up late morning to London by train to Waterloo and London Bridge…generally masks worn by most passengers on the trains and in stations other than some younger travellers. Likewise late evening returning to Waterloo by the Underground…it was quiet and a younger traveller prob 50:50 on mask wearing even though it is required.

Indoors in shops, bars and restaurants - mostly wearing. No doubt Non-wearers will feel superior and justified when they find somewhere where staff and/or customers are majority not wearing - but yesterday in my observations they were in the significant minority in central London.

That said - in the outdoors most were not wearing…probably as central London is still very quiet…few overseas tourists to speak of and city workers conspicuous by their absence. Not easy to find yourself in a crowd when outdoors at the moment. Only queue were in was for the Sky Garden/Bar of the ‘walki-talkie’ building and in that we could see that many were still wearing masks and trying to maintain at least a metre distancing.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure whether you are being deliberately obtuse or whether it's just an early start on a Monday morning however you are completely missing my point. If you take a moment to go back and have a read you will see that I have, at no point, said that all masks do not work. I have said that CLOTH MASKS do not work and this was based on SAGE adviser Colin Axon:

Standard face coverings are just "comfort blankets" that do little to reduce the spread of Covid particles, a scientist advising Sage on ventilation has said.

Dr Colin Axon, who has advised the government on minimising the risk of cross-infection in supermarkets, accused medics of presenting a "cartoonish" view of how how tiny particles travel through the air.

He warned some cloth masks have gaps which are invisible to the naked eye, but are 500,000 times the size of viral Covid particles.

As you can see, this isn't Dr Steve from Facebook this is from someone qualified to comment.

Your post giving the information on N95 mask is all very interesting and is probably correct but again it is completely irrelevant in proving me wrong as your using a different mask and it's efficacy as a completely different example, some might say to suit your argument and point of view.
Notice he says some cloth masks, not all cloth masks .
There is now quite good evidence that wearing masks reduces transmission which includes cloth masks .
Just about every country whose scientists have been looking at the question have come up with the same answer. Masks reduce transmission. The main purpose of them is to reduce onward transmission from people carrying the virus more efficient ones will protect the wearer as well.
Not wearing them indoors in public at times of high covid prevalence is an act of ignorance or selfishness.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
A small tale worth telling.

Heard a few weeks ago, that one of my best mates and golf PP refuses to have the vaccine. Don't know why and something I can't be <insert word> to debate or find out. I've also heard that he went on the anti-vaccine marches. I was due to play golf with him the other week on a kind freebie. A few days before tee-off he bailed due to falling ill. A week later it turns out he has Covid. Forward another 10 days, I see a Facebook post, saying, "Welcome home Daddy!". He had been in hospital for 10 days and is at home now recovering.

:censored::censored::censored::censored: