Continuous Putting

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How long after someone else has played would you need.

I could easily be ready before their ball has stopped rolling.....

Often have to consciously wait for balls to land on appriach shot as I'm ready while its in flight, I assume having 2 balls airbourne is rude...
While you mentioned it, I always wondered why two people on opposite sides can't just hit at the same time. You almost never see it. I mean the chance of the balls colliding in mid-air must be extremely small.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
While you mentioned it, I always wondered why two people on opposite sides can't just hit at the same time. You almost never see it. I mean the chance of the balls colliding in mid-air must be extremely small.

Surely if both are pin hunting on pitches/chips and one is close and hits another, it would open a huge can of worms

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely if both are pin hunting on pitches/chips and one is close and hits another, it would open a huge can of worms
Yeah that makes sense on chipping & putting, I was more talking about shots from further out. We always wait and hit in turn, if everyone just hit their shots at the same time that'd be quicker wouldn't it? Providing one person isn't directly in front of the other person. :LOL:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Would someone hitting their shot, potentially or hitting a tree followed by a loud out bursts of explicities distract you? With some of my playing partners I burst into laughter mid swing which would inevitably screw my shot also.

I’m all for ready golf but I’m out on this one, I think it’s ready golf but a touch too far.

We seem to be obsessed with pace, speed, how quick can we get round etc. if you haven’t got time for 18, enjoy 9.

D

Deleted member 29109

Social fourballs are always competitive matches in my experience. Playing in turn matters. Of course if you are not playing a match then you can please yourself But if saving a few seconds on the green is important to you it poses the question - Why ?

If it’s a social 4B who cares what the order of play is? Play ready golf and move on.
There is absolutely no need to take any amateur golf that seriously.