CONGU Clause 23 Annual Review

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Possibly a question for Duncan of Fylde White.
I am in my mid 60's and 12 months ago I was off 12.2. I had a poor season last year and 1 shot was added at the Annual Review.

I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my right hip which has prevented me from turning and has impaired my golfing ability to the extreme.

This season I have played over 20 medals and 3 stablefords and have been in my buffer zone once. Current handicap 15.4

Our course is Par 71 SSS 71 with CSS usually 71. Apart from the one buffer zone score in a stableford my best NETT score has been 80.

Should I be writing to Our Handicap Committee now or will it be automatically be flagged and if so what addition should be added to my handicap

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
You should immediately inform your Handicap Committee of your medical issue. Handicap Committees rely on such information to implement Clause 23 between Annual Reviews and would normally take a sympathetic view as soon as they are aware.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
With those scores it is almost certain you will be recommended for an adjustment at the annual review anyway.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree with both the responses above.

If you do nothing you should be increased in 6 months anyway...but there would also appear to be a solid case for earlier action on the basis of the new medical information.

Advise the committee now and see what happens.