Complete product info: Ping i25 range

NBonfield

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

As I'm sure you've seen, Ping has released its new i25 range, comprised of a driver, fairways, hybrids, irons and wedges. It has also released a new Karsten hybrid/irons set for high-handicappers and a number of Karsten TR putter models. The links below will give you all the information you need.

Product information - http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/tours-and-news/1/industry.html
First-look videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/golfmonthly/videos
Gallery: http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/galleries/34561/1/1/first-look-images-ping-i25-driver.html

Happy New Year to everyone.

Nick

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Just looking at the Driver and what Ping are saying about the right amount of spin.
That to me means a complete custom fit and ball fitting to suit the driver.
£345 just for the driver,plus fitting could push this towards £400 just for the driver.
For that reason im out.
I do understand though if you want to have the right clubs for the individual you have
to be c/f,however are they pricing themselves out of the majority.
Has been said quite a lot lately people are waiting for the prices to drop before commiting
to new clubs.
The whole set would set you back 2k

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to say that I don't normally like stripes or swirls on top of a club head - but, for some reason, these don't look bad.....

I'm half with you on that Imurg - I don't normally like stripes or swirls on top of a club head and, after seeing these, I still don't. The driver itself has a nice shape to it and I like the matt black but the go-faster stripes put me off.

The irons look good but I can't stand that little chunk missing from the back of the hosel. Stupid thing to dislike but I can't help it.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm half with you on that Imurg - I don't normally like stripes or swirls on top of a club head and, after seeing these, I still don't. The driver itself has a nice shape to it and I like the matt black but the go-faster stripes put me off.

The irons look good but I can't stand that little chunk missing from the back of the hosel. Stupid thing to dislike but I can't help it.

It's supposed to reduce grass gripping the hozel area out the rough.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched all the videos last night, good job GM.

I remember thinking the same when i20 came out... I like the look of all of it. I do not like the stripes at all, its just not Ping.

As always the thing that caught my eye is the hybrid, it looks really useable!

Always a shame that there are not more shaft options.

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can see myself being really tempted by the new Karsten irons/hybrids, looking forward to reading how they stack up to other similar clubs, particularly something like the Mizuno JPX-EZ range.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not that impressed at the moment, the irons look like I20's with different decals as mentioned previously, the driver looks like the I20 with the G25 weight port and the go faster stripes from the Geek No Brainer!

V

vkurup

I am used to TM stripes.. so these look subtle by those standards... GT40 indeed.

As I am looking to reduce handicap from 18 to 13 in 2014, not sure if Karsten would work for me... may be i25 or i20 may suit more..