Companies that don't respond.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Would you bother chasing a retailer that doesn't respond to an email or would you find another outlet?

Sent an email three days ago to a golf retail company and they have not even had the common decency to respond to my enquiry. This is an absolute bugbear of mine and a real turn off. Should I take my money elsewhere or should I swallow my pride and just give them a phone? In today's age of technology and social media, how difficult is it to reply to an online enquiry through a website? I actually used their own "contact us" form on their website.

To be honest I'm swaying here between cutting off my nose to spite my face or swallowing my stupid pride and just giving them a bell.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Find a better retailer. Everytime.....unless the one you've found is a damn sight cheaper than the rest.

It's not price, they have a product I want to try out and its local however I can go for a SAM lab elsewhere I guess but would miss out on trying a specific brand.

D

Deleted member 21258

I think until you run a similar kind of business, you can probably not appreciated how many emails such companies receive and figuring how 'who are time wasters and who are not, or who should be responsed to or who should not' if time is time for the retailer, is very difficult.

Emails take along time to response to, when compared to a phonecall for a business as well.

Personally if they didn't response and I could get it elsewhere then I would, as it doesn't give me a good impression for the future..

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I absolutely detest a 'contact us' option as it doesn't put a name to anyone therefore people play hot potato with it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think until you run a similar kind of business, you can probably not appreciated how many emails such companies receive and figuring how 'who are time wasters and who are not, or who should be responsed to or who should not' if time is time for the retailer, is very difficult.

Emails take along time to response to, when compared to a phonecall for a business as well.

Personally if they didn't response and I could get it elsewhere then I would, as it doesn't give me a good impression for the future..

I don't think any company should ignore/not respond within 72 hours to be honest. Makes me question what they'll be like if I have a future problem or place an order, will they just be as lackadaisical with that process?

Guess it all comes down to expectations and tolerance levels.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find companies rarely respond to the contact us forms. Don't know why but it is a fairly disappointing consistency. Try email, try messenger on their FB page, that is usually more effective. Companies tend to focus more on their social media platforms. After that, give up. If they don't respond what is the rest of their service like?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
pain in the backside when a company that was a pleasure to deal with gets taken over by someone else who are sheer Hite.

Ecco for instance the new company that distribute in the UK are terrible

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Give them a call.

So many time wasters these days that will send online enquiries get a response and go radio silent, as a business that must be frustrating.

Not saying its good business to not respond and communicate well with your customers however during busy periods I imagine keeping track of online enquiries could get shuffled to the back of the pack.

I'd much rather speak to people you get a much better idea of their attitude, pro activeness and passion especially for something like a putter fitting.

Not worth doing yourself over for.

Robin Hood

Visit site
Can the customers who fail to pay on time (or at all) or break appointments with no notice etc, also get named and shamed too?
;)
No
But you can stop dealing with them and use small claims court.
Or better still send "the boys" round with a 3 iron 😈

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The contact us form might just not have worked. You wouldn't know and they wouldn't know then? I tend to try and use an actual email address rather than those things because you never know if the website isn't faulty and it won't go through.

User20204

Visit site
Smacks of laziness in my opinion, laziness emailing rather than calling, may be the retailer thinks the same as me and is just ignoring your lazy ass.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can honestly say I have never had a reply from using a contact form. Some companies only have these forms. Now I never bother with them

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why have a contact form if you are going to ignore it? That makes no sense to me.

You get timewasters in all business, it goes with the territory. You respond because you never know and you don't want to miss out on the good ones. Anyone emails my company, fills in the contact form, they get a reply same day and ideally within an hour of it coming through.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why have a contact form if you are going to ignore it? That makes no sense to me.

You get timewasters in all business, it goes with the territory. You respond because you never know and you don't want to miss out on the good ones. Anyone emails my company, fills in the contact form, they get a reply same day and ideally within an hour of it coming through.

That's the way I look at it.