Companies that don't respond.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
How big is the company? Not all have resources to respond straight away. Perhaps it might be a small one man band who is off sick or perhaps there is a bereavement and they are short staffed. In this day and age where instant communication is the norm we take badly to waiting for a response.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sacked them and I'm going elsewhere to a pro shop that responded within a couple of hours and went into a good bit of detail.

That's enough to secure my money and custom.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
How big is the company? Not all have resources to respond straight away. Perhaps it might be a small one man band who is off sick or perhaps there is a bereavement and they are short staffed. In this day and age where instant communication is the norm we take badly to waiting for a response.
Good points.

Worth noting that generally companies actually use the contact us mechanism to avoid emails! A lot will depend on whose advised them (if anyone) on their web/online profile and any associated ecommerce model.

Dealing with any contact is a cost to a business; achieving the contacts you want and returning the service expected by those contacts is the modern holy grail of marketing and service.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Good points.

Worth noting that generally companies actually use the contact us mechanism to avoid emails! A lot will depend on whose advised them (if anyone) on their web/online profile and any associated ecommerce model.

Dealing with any contact is a cost to a business; achieving the contacts you want and returning the service expected by those contacts is the modern holy grail of marketing and service.

Doesn't take much to respond, common decency of a reply would have secured my business. Now I'm booked in to a smaller organisation who will get the fitting fee plus maybe £200/300 on a putter.

Throw that away 1/10 emails/contact you fail to respond too it fairly adds up.

Either way I'm getting what I want and someone is losing out on a sale. No skin off my nose.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Do folks understand why 'contact us' is often required?

I'm sure must of you do but for the one or two who don't .....

People are generally shocking at providing sufficient basic information to have any hope of the vendor offering any credible information in their reply and instead they have to reply just to ask for these basics which only serves to increase the volume of mail and delay any meaningful assistance

With contact us they can make certain info mandatory

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doesn't take much to respond...

about £25 in the UK was the last estimate I saw - but that was some time ago.

I'm not questioning your decisions, or the basis that you are making them.

I was responding to the more general premise (of why so many organisations may not reply - over and above those issues posted by clive)