Collingtree park

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our works society has just booked here for July, it looks fantastic on the website. Anyone played it? whats it like?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played it last year with Imurg

There is lots and I mean lots of water in play, so take plenty of balls

They have built houses everywhere many are hittable with a slice or hook drive, felt very uncomfortable about this,

The Greens were poor, although they may have improved

The signage between 9th and 10th was hopeless, took us ages to find where we should be.

I didnt like it and wont be back, but then again, it was good value

Fragger

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Couple of members on here if I remember (Bluenose?).
Played it a while back with Fragger and although it's got it's plus points, on the whole I didn't like it. Far too many houses and roads within a hook or a slice of the green stuff for my liking and the main road that goes past some holes was pretty noisy.
Don't get me wrong, it's a decent course but not my cuppa.

m1975

Club Champion
Visit site
disagree with the guys above, played it last month, was in great condition, thought it a very well layed out track, long in places but all in all pretty damn good i thought

sweatysock41

Q-School Graduate
www.oakridgegolfclub.co.uk
I can see Imurg and Fragger's points regarding the houses. I played it last year and if pull your shot on the 11th your ball is liable to end up in some old dears lounge. The houses are very close to the course.

Having said that I enjoyed the course and the greens were fine when I played it - quality finishing hole as well.

bluenose10

Assistant Pro
www.collingtreeparkgolf.com
As imurg said I am a member and I like the course a lot. I have been a member for 3 years and agree that the houses on the 11th and 13th are very close it's a decent test. Accuracy is the key to the place and there are some good holes 5th and 12th when they are played over water and the 18th is an obvious one.

I will admit it has it's flaws - on the 16th the A45 runs parallel to the hole but I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me but understand why it does some people. The greens are actually quite good at the moment but they were absolutely awful about 1 year ago. The driving range and practice facilities are rubbish, the mats for the bays are worn and the balls are woeful. The clubhouse is decent enough and the prices aren't bad either.

All in all, don't go trying to bomb drives if you are a bit wayward as you may break a window of a house that is worth 500k or a porsche windscreen (which is what my mate did on the 11th tee, over the houses lining the hole and into the road behind it).

Hope you have a good time....