Collapsed wrist

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't think of any offhand. How long have you been playing? Maybe you have weak wrists, and need to strengthen them. If that is the case try sweezing a rubber ball?

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
its for my children who both are 15 years old and play off 4 handicaps, they just seem to be collapsing their wrists a little on the back swing. i have tried a thing called the tic-tac, but that really seems to annoy them and starts to mess up the rest of their swing.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
By collapsed wrist, do you mean excessive wrist hinge?

If so, I suffer as well.

My wrist hinge is too much , I think. I'd like to keep the angle between the left arm and shaft around 90*, when viewed face on as the top of the backswing. Mine is more and it's hard to control during a dynamic swing

Is that what you mean, Nil?

Last edited:

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
yes this is what i mean, by callapsing your left wrist you are able to reduce the angle between shaft and forearm. My daughter does the same as you.

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
put a creditcard or the like inside the back of your glove so that you
have half showing and half inside the glove. When you make your
back swing the card makes the cupping feel awkward and prevents
the cupping occurring at the top of the back swing.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Randomly I read a tip from Robert Rock on his twitter feed this morning about wrist hinge.

He said try not to bend the right elbow too much on the backswing if you have excessive wrist hinge. Advice is often given to tuck in the right elbow, but by the sounds of it, folding it too much gets everything a bit narrow on the backswing.

I haven't tried it yet, but it might be worth a go?