Coffee makers

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Really depends on what your after.

The expensive machines don't knock out great coffees automatically. There's quite an art to it. You need to get the grind right. Even packing the filter can go wrong. Quite a bit of effort for a cappacino. Mines just gathered dust. Now I just use a 10.99 French press.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have a nespresso and it's very good. More of a tea drinker myself, but fancy the odd ristretto.

My coffee preference is mellow birds, so what do I know?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Inlaws have a nespresso, myself and most of my relatives have dolche gusto.

I personally like them both, with a slight lean towards my dolche gusto as I really like the range they do.

I have yet to sample all that the nespresso lot has to offer and its automatic dispensing does help.

Once you work out what works best for you with the Dolche Gusto the manual filling doesn't cause many issues.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
We bought a Dolce Gusto which now gathers dust in the corner since we bought a simple Bialletti coffee pot for a tenner off Amazon.

The dolche gusto works well when there is only one person wanting a coffee, my wife does not drink the stuff so its a quick, clean and easy way for me to have quality coffee.

For making coffee for MORE than one person regularly then there are far more suitable and much better options than the Dolche Gusto or alike.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Bought a Gaggia exspresso machine- more hassle than its worth in preparation just to have a tiny cup of warm coffee.
It's now £250 worth of metal sitting in the garage

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I started out with a Dolce Gusto but the manual filling was a pain and the pods are very expensive if you drink a lot of coffee. I changed to the most basic bean to cup machine I could find, which was about £120 and it is great for filter coffee. I buy Ikg bags of decent beans, load the top, put the water in and off you go. Makes the best filter coffee and is great and worth every penny.