Coaches around Birmingham - Recommendations needed

rystaman

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can somebody suggest a good coach in the North Birmingham/Midlands area that they've had lessons with previously? I've had a few lessons this year with a previous coach but unfortunately, they went AWOL and have taken a leave of absence, leaving my game in a bit of a mess.

I recently tried a session with a vastly 'experienced' coach, but it was chaos. The 1-hour lesson was rushed, disorganised, and left me feeling completely lost and massively disappointed. They tried to change way too many things at once and moved past one change and onto the next like it was nothing, barely explained anything, and left me unable to hit a ball at the range today. As a result, my confidence has taken a significant hit after a lot of time invested in practising this year and money too (especially when times are hard right now and I want to get the most out of my money).

I'm currently playing off around 19 and looking for a coach who can communicate well and explain why we're doing a certain change as that's how I learn best. Also, I'd ideally want someone who uses a launch monitor as I'm very much into the numbers. It would also be great if I could communicate with the coach outside of our lessons to reinforce the techniques taught.

If you have any recommendations or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Theres a lot of good coaches around the west mids but it depends on how far youre willing to go for a coach!

I have had lessons with 2 pros in Worcester/ Droitwich. Both of which have been great for me but probably a long drive for you!

I've seen people recommend the guys at the Belfry before and their website looks like they offer all you'd be after - https://www.thebelfry.com/golf/driving-range/coaching/

rystaman

Visit site
Theres a lot of good coaches around the west mids but it depends on how far youre willing to go for a coach!

I have had lessons with 2 pros in Worcester/ Droitwich. Both of which have been great for me but probably a long drive for you!

I've seen people recommend the guys at the Belfry before and their website looks like they offer all you'd be after - https://www.thebelfry.com/golf/driving-range/coaching/

I think the Belfry used to be good with Neil and Phil etc. but not a clue now since the team has had such a large turnover (It's my local range so that's where I go most of the time). And their prices have shot up to £65 an hour which is mad.

Yeah Worcester/Droitwich is a bit of a stretch for me to go for regular lessons to be honest.

Neeko1988

Visit site
Trey Niven @ Three Hammers, look him up online 100%.
You can catch him on sky sports also commentating on the golf.
I’ve been having him for a while now, he also offers online via Skillest

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you are looking for help with putting and short game then Andy Gorman would be worth a look. He is expensive, but knows his stuff and a decent guy. He has his own putting studio and is based at Wishaw golf club.

rystaman

Visit site
Cheers all!

If you are looking for help with putting and short game then Andy Gorman would be worth a look. He is expensive, but knows his stuff and a decent guy. He has his own putting studio and is based at Wishaw golf club.

I'm actually potentially looking to join Wishaw this year. Do you recall how much Andy was off the top of your head?

Newtonuti

Visit site
Does Chris even do coaching anymore? Remember looking at his website which just showed online stuff

If he does, I can imagine it's a nightmare to get in with him. Luke Melling in Coventry is highly recommended by a couple of my pals. Only has a trackman etc at his house though, so not on a proper driving range.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Luke Melling is based in Nuneaton, quite a few guys from my club hace used hum and all have seen positive results.

My lessons start after Easter, so I'm hoping for the same

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Still using the same guy near Worcester and think he’s class - just need him to actually follow me around the course and tell me what I’m doing wrong all the time 😂

rystaman

Visit site
Still using the same guy near Worcester and think he’s class - just need him to actually follow me around the course and tell me what I’m doing wrong all the time 😂
Have you tried a playing lesson at all? I've never had them but can see the benefit for sure as I swing totally different on it

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always thought a playing lesson, was more about course management, not the swing, it's about taking the percentage shot that would give you a safer option to score