ClubV1 new layout - Clone Comp function

IanMcC

Visit site
Has anyone worked out how to Clone an existing comp on the ghastly new ClubV1 website?
It used to be really easy, but that function seems to have disappeared.

wjemather

Visit site
My first impression is that the new interface is a big improvement when using a mobile device (i.e. small touchscreens), but since I don't usually access using my phone, I'll probably be switching back to classic mode before too long.

IanMcC

Visit site
I actually think the new interface is an improvement both on phone and PC. Closed out a comp today and it was fine. Just couldn't find the Clone Comp function.

tobybarker

Visit site
I think its an abomination. I switched co classic mode as many of the features just aren't/weren't working on mobile.....often went to an error screen or some dialog box that was probably off the screen somewhere.

wjemather

Visit site
Bugs aside, my biggest gripe is that, as happens so often when interfaces are designed with only mobile/touchscreen devices in mind, on-screen content is very limited and scrolling is tortuous when using a mouse - it's just not very user friendly.

wjemather

Visit site
Right then, that's enough for me. The new interface is just far too cumbersome, frustrating and slow - even on mobile - the need to constantly be scrolling in order to accomplish anything is simply unacceptable. Classic mode it is.

AshtonDavies

Visit site
I can suggest some general steps that might help you find the cloning function if it still exists on the website:
  1. Log in to your ClubV1 account and navigate to the competition you want to clone.
  2. Look for a "Clone" or "Duplicate" button or option on the competition's page or in the menu bar. This option might be located in different places depending on the website's design.
  3. If you can't find a cloning option, try searching for it in the website's help or support section. This section might provide instructions on how to clone a competition or explain if the function has been removed or relocated.
  4. If all else fails, you can try contacting ClubV1's customer support for assistance. They might be able to guide you through the cloning process or explain why the function is no longer available.
I hope this helps you find the cloning function on the ClubV1 website.

IanMcC

Visit site
Cloning function found. See post #2.
I am a fan of the new layout, but did find another glitch yesterday. We have a Winter Order Of Merit for our Sunday comps. The last one was yesterday. The new layout would not add the details of yesterday's comp to the ongoing points total. I had to switch to the Classic view, and then the points updated OK. I will drop Club Systems a note informing them.