Clubs Bi-Centenary

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
This year sees my clubs bi- centenary is anyone else's club reaching a milestone?.
Good going that Steve. I assume they will be having a big 'do' ?

We had our centenary in 2012, so not much to look forward to for a while. My golf society, The Mariners, is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year. Must be one of the older golf societies.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good going that Steve. I assume they will be having a big 'do' ?

We had our centenary in 2012, so not much to look forward to for a while. My golf society, The Mariners, is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year. Must be one of the older golf societies.

Yeah Rich they have one booked in a hotel in Dundee, there having various games against the oldest clubs, the R & A and our sister club from the USA.

DCB

Visit site
That's an impressive milestone your club has reached Steve. Hope they have a good year. I remember our Centenary year and the many events that were on during it. That was a good year to be around the club.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Steve, The rest of us are just youngsters, our bi-centenary is not until 2032 - just hope I'm still able to hobble round by then!

Enjoy your year.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's an impressive milestone your club has reached Steve. Hope they have a good year. I remember our Centenary year and the many events that were on during it. That was a good year to be around the club.

It should be Dave as plenty organised but i thought they could have tried to get something more high profile like a Euro Pro tour event

Steve, The rest of us are just youngsters, our bi-centenary is not until 2032 - just hope I'm still able to hobble round by then!

Enjoy your year.

Cheers Ian, I'm sure you'll manage :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We chalk up 130 years (founded in 1887) this year. Not sure they'll celebrate that. We did have a week long festival for the 125. Hoping I'll still be playing (and indeed around) for the 150 in 2037

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Makes mine look naff now but this year is my clubs 50th. A few things ha planned through the year plus new logo and apparel available.

Same as ours with a new badge and some decent gear to go with it,this could be my last year there as thinking of taking up the option of joining St Andrews and getting a competition ticket