Club Systems costs + membership

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just had confirmation from my club that we've left/leaving CS (HDID) and have gone to Inteligent Golf, who are only based in Leek Wootton a stones throw from the club.

I'm really pleased with this decision for many reasons of which some are covered above and also mentioned in other threads regarding HDID.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had confirmation from my club that we've left/leaving CS (HDID) and have gone to Inteligent Golf, who are only based in Leek Wootton a stones throw from the club.

I'm really pleased with this decision for many reasons of which some are covered above and also mentioned in other threads regarding HDID.

Did you get your days mixed up Fish? It's not Christmas day today!!! LOL

As for the OP, I thought it looked ok. Easy to navigate and all required info was there. Some sites I look at take me ages to find their green fees, and don't deserve to be in business.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Just noticed our new website has gone live, and what a difference :whoo: I was actually embarrassed with our last in-house effort but this new website, which we've got with our move to Intelligent Golf ticks all the boxes for me :thup:

I think the course hole by hole with a flyover is excellent :cool:

No doubt they are still adding some content as I can't import anything into my diary yet or log in, but I'm sure we'll have an email letting us all know it's finished and ready for us all to play with :D

http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just noticed our new website has gone live, and what a difference :whoo: I was actually embarrassed with our last in-house effort but this new website, which we've got with our move to Intelligent Golf ticks all the boxes for me :thup:

No doubt they are still adding some content as I can't import anything into my diary yet or log in, but I'm sure we'll have an email letting us all know it's finished and ready for us all to play with :D

I am surprised they use the 3d render flyovers, my straw poll on this topic indicates that most people much prefer the real thing, having looked at this stuff over the past month i am firmly in the real flyovers camp, no one has rough that is just one shade and consistency

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I like it. Much better than my clubs and I like the commentary with the flyover and to be honest if I want a feel for a course a 3D version is fine. I'll get what I need once I'm on the course and looking at it in the flesh.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Our club upgraded our website last year and, in general, it has jad a very positive response.
http://www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk/
It's got good general info and more detailed information for club members.
They have also ensured the mobile site works well.
We've even had people join us just from reading our website and on the course reputation alone without even playing the club.
We have a flyover planned but are waiting for summer for the best effect.
The team who put it together put a lot of work into it.

Last edited:

Mike07

Head Pro
Visit site
Our club upgraded our website last year and, in general, it has jad a very positive response.
http://www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk/
It's got good general info and more detailed information for club members.
They have also ensured the mobile site works well.
We've even had people join us just from reading our website and on the course reputation alone without even playing the club.
We have a flyover planned but are waiting for summer for the best effect.
The team who put it together put a lot of work into it.

That's a great website. Really good!

I think golfworking are making the best websites for golf clubs from a customer POV. Not sure how they are to run for the club.

Visit site
So, we've just received notification that our membership fee is going up again for next year. It's not a massive amount, but it has already led to some grumblings from members considering their positions to renew next year.

Our membership has dropped in number from last year, and we're struggling - to my mind anyway - to attract sufficient new members to the club. As a result, existing members are picking up the slack.

I've seen very little attempts by the club to actively recruit new blood into the club, and one of my biggest bugbears is the club website which I think is god-awful. We use the Club Systems service for everything... online booking, handicap recording, competition entry, website and we use the generic horrible template for the latter.

The website has very little relevant information for prospective members aside from the yearly cost; the course guide is just a badly scanned copy of the course shot saver, and there is news on teh site from 2015! I could write a lot more about what is wrong with it, but I won't.

What I would like to know if anyone can shed some insight is the cost implications of separating the website from the backend functions of the club and having the site redeveloped and hosted separately. I've offered to redesign the website and host it on my own servers on more than one occasion, but the club have declined even though web development & design, and digital marketing is my career field. I'm convinced that the current website setup is costing the club money and also curtailing the club's ability to attract new membership.

There was a thread on here a while back about what people look for on a club's website; I can't find it, but I would also like to know what people find useful when looking at a course to join. I'd like to try and present a case at the AGM to investigate the possibility of separating the two with a view to trying to better serve the recruitment process that I feel is lacking currently.

Feel free to visit the existing website, rip it apart with criticisms if you like and point me in the direction of good website examples of what you look for.

Genuinely interested in your thoughts.

I couldn't agree more with your comments.
The main trouble is most people no nothing about the design and construction of a good website and even less about the psychology of how to sell membership to potential new members without them feeling pressured. The look is critical to achieve this, they need to be thinking, "I like this, I want to join, it looks like a really good club, nice course, lots of social life, members look like they are happy". Can you do all this on a website, I think so and I've been doing golf club websites for 15 years. Want to see one: go to www.shirleyparkgolfclub.co.uk