Club Medal and Championship this weekend

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is by far the biggest and most important weekend of my golfing season, i'm playing in the medal on saturday and the club championship on sunday (consisting of two rounds in the one day).

I've only ever played in one medal when i shot 117, it was a mad round and lets just say i learnt a few things about medal golf (how to take your medicine rather than go for a 1 in a million shot).

Played a friendly round off the whites last week and shot 105 so i'll be happy if i can break 100 in one of the three rounds.

Here's to a successful weekend!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good luck.

Remember in a medal round its all about patience and playing % golf. I'm not sure what you play off but if you are off 18 and aim to bogey every hole you wouldn't be far aware in the final reckoning.

Play within yourself. Club up. Instead of trying to force a 7 iron to go an extra 5 yards use a 6 and make a nice smooth swing. Don't go chasing the flags as most courses hide them away on shelfs on the greens or behind bunkers. Aim for the middle of each green.

Not sure what the weather is going to do but if it looks showery or worse try and pack 4-5 spare towels in a plastic bag to keep them dry and as many spare gloves as you have. That way you can at least make sure your grips are dry on every shot.

Finally, try not to put yourself out of contention after one round. Even if you finish 4-5 over your handicap in the morning it takes a lot to play two rounds consistantly so as long as your are steady PM you are still in with a shout.

Above all enjoy it!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dont Panic!!

Just keep calm and dont worry if you hit a terrible shot.

Remember,this game cannot be played from the rough so take a club with which you can find the fairway. Decide which shot you will hit and be commit,be positive.
Accept the outcome (even if awful)and then let it go.

Most of all enjoy yourself,remember we do this for fun.