Club going inside creeping in

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My swing with irons I've been told going too far inside recently causing block shots left (lh player) and sometimes thin shots with fairway woods
When I purposely what seems to be out to in swing I hit the ball fine and straight
This has only crept in recently
Any thoughts of drills to correct this hopefully temporary glitch

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you use the range a lot trying putting a length of foam (foam noodle or pipe insulation) on the ground just inside the correct swing path.

When I was working on the other way round I used to place a ball just outside of the correct path. Get the path wrong and I would hit the ball on the way back (no danger as it is at the slowest part of the swing) the danger being the get it wrong on the down swing and the ball was hit quite hard hence my decision to switch to foam.

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good idea Jim as I say it's only happened recently
I take it you place the alignment aid inline with the target? Might be me turning wrong with the cold weather and too many layers on
Cheers

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good idea Jim as I say it's only happened recently
I take it you place the alignment aid inline with the target?
Cheers

No.
The aid is about checking the swing path as you take it away and return the club through impact so will be diagonal to the target line. In your case inside of the swing path so if you hit it on the back swing you know you swung too much on the inside.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sometimes coming inside is just all arms ,easy to do with lots of clothing on.
make sure your turning properly , left shoulder under your chin.

JGolfer

Visit site
If you have access to grass, throw an alignment stick in the ground at a slight angle.

Or if your on mats, I just put my water bottle down, and swing avoiding it. Cheap and cheerful.

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeh played today exactly what I did. I might have found a different way of playing, such a more powerful feel. Would have had a really good round if it wasn't for the frozen greens, like concrete