Club fitting Scotland west

holeinfun

Visit site
Hi.

I've been trying to research getting some clubs fitted over the last month or so in the west of Scotland and it's not been easy to be honest with you, there doesn't seem to be much.

This all started with me looking at Pings and seeing that the only centre they have in the UK is in Gainsborough.

Anyway, I know there is Scott Gourley in Edinburgh but I would like it to be a bit closer to Glasgow because of time restraints and Strathaven has been recommended to me.

Has anyone had a fitting in there at all and able to give any experienced opinion?

I like the look of Ping irons but it looks like they are predominantly Callaway looking at the site so am I more likely to get a Callaway sales pitch?

Thanks

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You could look for a manufacturer fitting day at big retail sites. I got my i25 irons fitted by the Ping rep at AG in Edinburgh.
If you fancy Mizuno (they have a wide range of quality clubs) their fitting place is Cumbernauld, I think!

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You could look for a manufacturer fitting day at big retail sites. I got my i25 irons fitted by the Ping rep at AG in Edinburgh.
If you fancy Mizuno (they have a wide range of quality clubs) their fitting place is Cumbernauld, I think!

They are assembled in Cumbernauld but they don't do fitting there.

holeinfun

Visit site
How would World of Golf compare to a pro at a course do you think? I see from their site that they are tied in with American Golf. Got clubs from them before and I wont be buying there again. Just a bad experience.

Strathaven looks to be using FlightScope X2. Is that the kit that the likes of a brand fitting centre would use? I don't mind paying for it I just want a proper fitting.

Maybe it would be worth taking a day off work and going to Scott Gourley or down to Gainsborough? Would the fitting be better at those places?

Thanks

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know a few people who are impressed with Gourlay. Best to check if he fits for the brand you want.

If set on Ping Gainsborough should be the best.

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Phone Stuart Kerr at Strathaven. He is taking bookings for Ping fitting sessions next week, dont know if its for members only, but certainly worth a try.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I got mine done at Bishopbriggs Golf Range. 40 quid for a trackman fitting but it gets taken off the price if you buy the clubs.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
A friend of mine got all his fitted at Playsport in East Kilbride. He has now fully converted to Pings and it has improved his game no end. He had nothing but praise for the fitting there.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Stuart Kerr at Strathaven is your best bet in the West of Scotland. A nicer man you won't find and one of the best golf coaches at extremely reasonable prices.

Pure Forged are like Gourlay but even more expensive.

holeinfun

Visit site
I made my mind up this morning that I would go in to Strathaven and see Stuart for the fitting and you just reassured me of that. I have spoken to the pro at my own course as well and he also recommend him. I'll let you guys know how I get on. Thanks for the advice.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I made my mind up this morning that I would go in to Strathaven and see Stuart for the fitting and you just reassured me of that. I have spoken to the pro at my own course as well and he also recommend him. I'll let you guys know how I get on. Thanks for the advice.

Your in very safe hands.

AGPGA

Visit site
True but the fitting was carried out by a Ping technician. I believe he went on a Ping fitting day. Sorry for any confusion.

American Golf in East Kilbride has 2 PGA Qualified club fitters and all the latest fitting carts for the major brands. They do have brand fitting during the season but offer a very comprehensive custom fit 24/7.