Clicgear winter wheels..

V

vkurup

I am sure we have seen this thread here...
Was stopped today and asked to rent a trolley at the club. Usually, they are ok with Clicgear as the wheels sit fairly lightly, but some of the new young pros dont know about it. So fair enuf rented a trolley and went around.

1) Clicgear itself does not make winter wheels. I have 2 hedgehogs but they almost always slip off the wheels. What are other clicgear owners doing?

2) The rental trolleys all seem to have cheap orange hedgehog like strips that have been attached to the wheels with cable ties. Anyone knows where to find these Orange hedgehog like strips?

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think clic gear do make winter wheels mate / or sell them , as you can buy a pack of 3 for about £55 ish , should be some on ebay.
You can also get Gliders for them , but I had an issue where when the course was extremely wet the honeycomb shape on the wheels clogged up , so unsure how good this was actually for the course. The gliders attach with screws and washers and I have found that they are very secure. Only issue I have now is that the trolley will not fit in my car boot due to the extra height.:(

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My clic gear 3.5 is fitted with a set of glidders that I got from eBay for £29.99 go over wheel and held in place by self tappers so wil leave hold in the wheel when you take them off. They make the wheels quiet wide and it can be difficult to close trolley up if not fitted right. But the front wheel glider I have left off as it rubs on the metal bracket that the bag sits on.imo they are not to bad but as my course is really wet at moment trolleys are banned so carrying. Which I don't mind at all.

V

vkurup

My clic gear 3.5 is fitted with a set of glidders that I got from eBay for £29.99 go over wheel and held in place by self tappers so wil leave hold in the wheel when you take them off. They make the wheels quiet wide and it can be difficult to close trolley up if not fitted right. But the front wheel glider I have left off as it rubs on the metal bracket that the bag sits on.imo they are not to bad but as my course is really wet at moment trolleys are banned so carrying. Which I don't mind at all.

Do you have to drill your gliders into the wheel? What do you do when you have to take them off or in the summer?

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not drill but a self tapper straight into the wheel which will leave holes in the wheels when I take them off in the spring but will live with it

V

vkurup

Not drill but a self tapper straight into the wheel which will leave holes in the wheels when I take them off in the spring but will live with it

not keen on getting holes into the wheels.. so maybe cable tie the wheels. i have 2 hedgehogs knocking about in the garage. Need to figure out where i can find a 3rd one. Hence the question on the cheap orange/grey strips that golf courses seem to be using.. I cud do with one of those..

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have the gliders on mine and I must admit I think they're rubbish. They fill up with mud etc and so after half a round or so they're pretty much pointless to have one.

I had the Clicgear hedgehog wheels on previously and they were a much better winter wheel however I had issues with folding the trolley which is why I changed.