Cleveland Ultralite Driver

Buzz Saw

Visit site
HI Guys

I am wondering what Driver to buy, i am a huge fan of the Clevland ultralite 3 wood with Miyazaki shaft and it suits me brilliantly. I hit quite a high ball and this has helped me keep the ball lower and the distance is astounding. I have a 10.5 degree Cleveland launcher (older version) already but am wondering whether to upgrade to the new ultralite version like my 3 wood, would a tour set up with smaller head and lower loft 9 degree suit me better - can anyone offer any advise.
Will having the driver fitted make a big difference......thanks

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
welcome to the forum. Need to know what you play off etc really before people could recomend things to you?
But if your not really having a problem with your current big stick why not save your money and keep it for a while longer? Best suggestion would be to go c a pro and get a custom fit then get the exact set up and correct shaft for your swing

Buzz Saw

Visit site
Makes alot of sense Connor and thanks for the welcome, started playing in August last year. i'm 35 now but have swung a club before when i was a young teen. since coming back to the game am absolutely hooked, have not got a handicap yet though have been improving. Played two front 9 (35's) at the weekend and shot 40 and 42 so i guess implaying off below 20 currently.
My score has shot down since using the 3 wood to tee off and i am still long but more accurate and consistent than with the driver. i will take your advise and maybe get some lessons on the driver. thanks

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
nothing wrong with a 3 wood off the tee bud. Accuracy beats distance any day ask luke donald ;)
Yeah maybe a quick lesson would help you out but if you have got your heart set ona new driver your prob can help precomen one that would suit your swing speed and style.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having played both the 310 and 290 and tried the 270 I would say at your level you should be able to wield the 290 9 degree quite easily,it's a very solid driver with a fantastic shaft.I to hit a high ball and out of all the drivers I've tried this came 3rd in my big list of drivers. (1st geek, 2nd titleist 907d2 nv75). Give it a try I am sure you will love it,the head cover is great too.