Cleveland Huntington Beach or Wilson Staff Infinite?

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have real problems with putters, just can't keep one in my bag for longer than a couple of months. Its almost becoming an addiction changing them now. I am really looking for a keeper and have narrowed it down to the Cleveland Huntington beach collection or the Wilson Staff Infinite series. This is mainly due to reviews and budget (less than £100). Unfortunately AG don't stock Cleveland HB in stores so I cant compare like for like with Wilson. Anyone game either, would love to hear your thoughts before I make a decision? I was thinking about new no 8 from Cleveland or the Windy City model from Wilson. Hoping both are moderate toe hang options! As this one needs to be a keeper (wife getting fed up with constant change and selling on ebay), want to make right decision.

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi mate

Clubhousegolf currently have the WS Infinite Windy City for £49.99.

Scottsdale have the HB series for £69.99 incl. the new shapes.

The HB series are nice.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi mate

Clubhousegolf currently have the WS Infinite Windy City for £49.99.

Scottsdale have the HB series for £69.99 incl. the new shapes.

The HB series are nice.

I saw that this morning, I must admit, £69 for the new shape at Scottsdale is very tempting. Just wish I could try it out, annoying that AG stock online but not in store. Cheers for response

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Cleveland HB putters are really nice, I've got the 6 and 8 which I alterenate depending on which is behaving !

Didn't really like the grips that came with them so I changed them.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Cleveland HB putters are really nice, I've got the 6 and 8 which I alterenate depending on which is behaving !

Didn't really like the grips that came with them so I changed them.

Must admit, the no 8 really caught my eye as I like the wide blade. Does it have a moderate toe hang like no 1? presuming it comes with the blue thin grip as standard? Cheers for feedback

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
not what you want to hear if youre a serial changer you arent going to choose the one you like from reviews and then stick with it.

personally would recommend buying second hand off ebay then reselling if you dont get on until you find a keeper, lot cheaper process that way!

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
not what you want to hear if youre a serial changer you arent going to choose the one you like from reviews and then stick with it.

personally would recommend buying second hand off ebay then reselling if you dont get on until you find a keeper, lot cheaper process that way!

Cheers, Have bought and sold many times on ebay and got some great deals! Just feel like its getting way out of hand now! I used to have a no 6 HB putter and liked it as well as the Wilson South Side, so know the brands and like them. Just feel like I am more suited to a blade hence trying the new models. Thanks for response mate

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not got the model that you are looking at but I have the Wilson Staff Infinite Bean model. Really liking it, great roll, top build quality and lovely grip. The Bean is heavy but that is what I prefer. My last putter was, in theory, ideally suited to my putting stroke but I never go on with it so bought this on looks and feel and the putting is already better.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not got the model that you are looking at but I have the Wilson Staff Infinite Bean model. Really liking it, great roll, top build quality and lovely grip. The Bean is heavy but that is what I prefer. My last putter was, in theory, ideally suited to my putting stroke but I never go on with it so bought this on looks and feel and the putting is already better.

I had a roll with Bean at AG and really liked it as well! Def in contention

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Probably no help to your specific question, I had the south side in the bag for two seasons and really liked it. A lot of putter for the money IMO. I had worn the grip though and having started looking at new grips, naturally led to looking a new putters in winter just gone. I was really interested in the beach 6C, but couldn't find one anywhere in the UK. Ended up with another putter, and was then shocked to find one in my local pro shop a couple of weeks back. The grip did seem bigger. As far I as could judge both lines have a similar feel, so good luck on whatever you go for.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably no help to your specific question, I had the south side in the bag for two seasons and really liked it. A lot of putter for the money IMO. I had worn the grip though and having started looking at new grips, naturally led to looking a new putters in winter just gone. I was really interested in the beach 6C, but couldn't find one anywhere in the UK. Ended up with another putter, and was then shocked to find one in my local pro shop a couple of weeks back. The grip did seem bigger. As far I as could judge both lines have a similar feel, so good luck on whatever you go for.

Thanks mate, I also had he South Side and liked it, just wish I didn't have the urge to change. I also tweak my grip way too much which exacerbates the problem! Have finally settled on the prayer grip which Coach Lockey showed me on a Callaway day, just need to settle on putter now! Inching towards WS Windy City, £49 is a fantastic deal

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Like the OP been spending the Spring rotating my putters trying to find "the one". Tried an Anser, milled odyssey #9, O-works Fang and the faithful Ping Sigma Wolverine. None stood out and the Wolverine was always the most consistent. All I learned was my stroke is erratic at the moment, I am not holing out from 2-5 feet well enough and there is no such thing as "the one". Wolverine in the bag although it hasn't stopped me getting a new grip from the Anser!!

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like the OP been spending the Spring rotating my putters trying to find "the one". Tried an Anser, milled odyssey #9, O-works Fang and the faithful Ping Sigma Wolverine. None stood out and the Wolverine was always the most consistent. All I learned was my stroke is erratic at the moment, I am not holing out from 2-5 feet well enough and there is no such thing as "the one". Wolverine in the bag although it hasn't stopped me getting a new grip from the Anser!!

Think you have hit the nail on the head Homer

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What putter did you go for in the end?

Hi, I went for the Cleveland TFI2135 Copper CB 8.0 putter, got it for £60 brand new! Gives me a much more balanced stroke, love the alignment and it has helped me from 6 foot in immensely.