Cleeve Hill Saved

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Awesome! This is already on my hit list for 2021.

I used to be a keen runner and once ran the "Cleeve Cloud Cuckoo" 10km over and around the Cleeve Hills - stunning scenery - never forgotten it and am really looking forward to a round this summer!

D-S

Visit site
Great news, I know some members there (there are only a cou0le of hundred at most) and it was going to be really sad for them One of the quirkiest courses I’ve ever played but if we were drawn against them in County comps it’s was always a great day out.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good news

I read a while back they were looking at ways to ensure the golf course continues

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Fantastic news!
That video is just 'Wow!'!
Gets added to the 'must play at least twice' list! There's another somewhere in the Chilterns (from dodgy memory) that has similar 'challenging' landscaoe too!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played my first ever round at Cleeve Hill and proposed to my wife at the trig point (highest point in Gloucestershire), which if I remember correctly was by the 17th tee.

Still remember my first ever shot with a driver, straight as a die over the rise from the first tee. Little did I realise that would be the exception, rather than the usual.

Must try and get over there for a round once we have the opportunity.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Played my first ever round at Cleeve Hill and proposed to my wife at the trig point (highest point in Gloucestershire), which if I remember correctly was by the 17th tee.

Still remember my first ever shot with a driver, straight as a die over the rise from the first tee. Little did I realise that would be the exception, rather than the usual.

Must try and get over there for a round once we have the opportunity.

During a round or did you go specially? :)

The Lion

Visit site
This is great news. There was no way such a seminal venue should have been allowed to go under.

I’ve still not played it, and indeed it was on my list prior to these endless lockdowns, but I will finally make it up onto the Hill this year.

As for playing together, I concur with @Stuart_C. that a GM outing would be great, perhaps taking in the wonders of Painswick too!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is good news. We played there years ago on a glorious sunny day. The wife nearly hit a sheep with her best drive of the day. Stunning views all around. We've got some great pics of the day and it brings back great memories. Brilliant greens if I remember rightly. Mind you the sheep keep the grass down.