Chrome soft or Chrome soft x

Hoganman1

Visit site
How do you mates think the Chrome Soft compares to the ProV1? I've been playing the ProV1 for years, but I'm open to change.

jmcp

Visit site
I game the Callaway Chrome soft, not the truvis as I get a very different feel from them with higher irons and wedges. I love the soft feel and higher spin in and around the green.

Found a chrome soft x this afternoon and played it for the rest of my round.

I'm sure, especially with the driver that the ball had a straighter flight and was definitely carrying longer.

My PP saying probably more down to good on-centre strikes and that he would be surprised given the higher compression X would not be as suited to my swing as my swing is not fast enough.

I don't buy it and I'm sure the x is giving me more distance! Any thoughts?

Hi,

like yourself, I used Chromesoft for a while but found that when it was a cross wind, I would completely lose control of the ball, wild slices/hooks when I thought I had hit a slight fade or draw so, I switched to the chromesoft X and have found that to behave in the wind as I expect based on my contact with the ball.

I have switched between various brands of premium balls based more on cost than anything else but I do usually come back to the Chromesoft X when prices are similar and getting ready to order some more with the new Triple Track markings.

cheers, John

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi,

like yourself, I used Chromesoft for a while but found that when it was a cross wind, I would completely lose control of the ball, wild slices/hooks when I thought I had hit a slight fade or draw so, I switched to the chromesoft X and have found that to behave in the wind as I expect based on my contact with the ball.

I have switched between various brands of premium balls based more on cost than anything else but I do usually come back to the Chromesoft X when prices are similar and getting ready to order some more with the new Triple Track markings.

cheers, John
Are you suggesting that the ball is responsible for a wild slice instead of a small fade?

jmcp

Visit site
Are you suggesting that the ball is responsible for a wild slice instead of a small fade?

Hi,

I’m suggesting that when there is a cross wind, I feel that with a little side spin when hitting a Chromesoft makes them exaggerate the fade/slice that you have just hit, they just seem to me to be a bit more unstable in crosswinds, this, of course, is purely my experience/opinion.

cheers, John

D

Deleted member 3432

Surely not?
Did Titleist not lose a court battle for copying Bridgestone technology (allegedly)?

It was settled out of court with Acushnet (Titleist) paying Bridgestone a licence fee and ongoing royalties over certain patents.

sunshine

Visit site
Really? Those little patches of different colour make a difference?. I bet there is no difference on proper testing.

Those little patches are painted on with a special solvent made from extract of snake oil which reduces the spin considerably.

TigerBear

Visit site
Hi,

cheers, John

Intersting John, I can't say I've noticed it as my problem is a snap hook lol!

Recently I've been playing the Pro V1 and found that ball to be of little difference. Feel and behave the same. I may get a few more yards, maybe 10yards max on my drive with the Pro V1 but that's probably more down to strike, so the jump in price isn't worth it for me.