Cheltenham

D

Deleted member 1740

I missed this thread today, been busy with other stuff.

My highlightsof the day were.

I thought JonBon was going to hose up in the supreme and punted accordingly??‍♂️

Didnt have a bet in the Arkle but was impressed by Edwardstone.

Backed Discordantly,never in it.

Honeysuckle showed a great turn of foot, had it in a double with Stormy ireland in the mares that ran well just not enough

I backed Epatante for place money.

Only winner of the day was Brazil, thought it ran a great race given it was knocked about early on.

Watched the last race.

All in all up on the day but needed a few more winners.

Day 2

1:30 Stage Star @ 15/2
I cant have Sir Gerhard odds on stepping up 5f round Prestbury Park.
2:10 L'Homme Presse @ 7/2
I've followed this since it's maiden run and it's 4 from 5. Jumps sound, i think this wins comfortably.
2:50 The Shunter @12/1
Only one i really fancy, has a pedigree round here.
3:30 Energumene @ 4/1
Fascinating race, only just got touched off by Shishkin LTO so im siding with this beast to reverse the placings.Will be tough like.
4:10 Tiger Roll @ 7/4
He's been prepped for this race as he wont be going for the National. Be surprised if he doesnt win this.
4:50 No Bet
5:30 Facile Vega @ 6/4
Out of the fantastic Quevega, if it"s anything like the queen, it'll be some horse.

Happy Punting!!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two winners yesterday (Corach Rambler and Stattler) - also 4 placed but odds not long enough for each way

Will go for Stage Star, Ahoy Senor, The Shunter, Energumene, Prengarde, Buddy Rich, Redemption Day for todays races

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
3 winners from 4 - Constitution Hill, Edwardstone and Honeysuckle (wasn't going to have a bet, but got an offer of 11/10 from Skybet, seemed to good to miss). Only a daft bet on the handicap chase let me down.

Haven't had a proper look at today's card, but know the owner of Bravemansgame thinks it's a good thing.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stage Star, Ahoy Senor, Campron and Andy Dufresne for me today

Not sure Ill have a bet in the Queen Mother, little bit worried how much the last race may have taken out of the 2 principals (may have a few pennies ew put the kettle on) and expect at the price ill be laying Tiger Roll in the cross country

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It has been throwing it down for well over an hour here at the racecourse with no end of the rain in sight. For the later races I would be looking for horses that enjoy deep ground.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
3 bets today, 2 fallers, and the other one pulled up before halfway (Shishkin).

One of the two fallers was bang in contention (Farouk D'Alene), the other was in third place when it tipped up at the last, only had to finish in the first 5 to get my money back, pretty sure it would have (Journey With Me).

C'est la vie.

D

Deleted member 1740

Dodged a bullet there a bit, stunning performance by Tiger Roll in the conditions, expect it wouldve won comfortably on yesterdays going

Did you lay it?

Given the amount of rain thats fell today to only just get done thats some performance from Tiger Roll.

D

Deleted member 1740

Many said it was a ridiculous thing to do and it’s proving that way

If only the clerk had his hindsight tshirt on yesterday eh Phil.

I'm not sure the forecast was very accurate. Had it not rained like it did and it dried out further, the goin wouldve been fast ?

They were expecting dry, blue sky weather today.

D

Deleted member 15344

If only the clerk had his hindsight tshirt on yesterday eh Phil.

I'm not sure the forecast was very accurate. Had it not rained like it did and it dried out further, the goin wouldve been fast ?

They were expecting dry, blue sky weather today.

The forecast was always rain coming across today - maybe not as heavy as what arrived but it was going to rain today , every app said as much.

They have had a mare

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stage Star, Ahoy Senor, Campron and Andy Dufresne for me today

Not sure Ill have a bet in the Queen Mother, little bit worried how much the last race may have taken out of the 2 principals (may have a few pennies ew put the kettle on) and expect at the price ill be laying Tiger Roll in the cross country

3 places incl 2 2nds sigh, hit the post