"Cheating"; "Cheater"

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yet it didn't did it because the desiree affect was to still accuse people further in the thread, tell them what they were doing still wasn't good enough. The thread continued long after.

But if you feel it's OK to accuse people of cheating that's on you, especially when you then say to a friend you know they'll do their utmost to play to rules showing a huge double standard which imo is as bad as your accusations I'm not going to be drawn into another debate about it here as that will derail another thread further.

You totally miss the point. If I play with golfers who clearly have a reasonable knowledge of the rules and call penalties on themselves then, my view is that any broken rule by them is likely to be unintentional and I'd not for one moment query their honesty. If someone goes on a rules forum and makes a case for not playing to the rules then I would certainly wonder why

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
🤣🤣
Post 78 for example, you even give an exact amount of time you'd let someone off.
In the context of the discussion I meant that I wouldn't be timing them so if it was 5 seconds out (by another member of the group's timer) I wouldn't be able to confirm they were over time so I'd stay out of it. If you want to take it out of context though then you go ahead.

Wolf

Visit site
You totally miss the point. If I play with golfers who clearly have a reasonable knowledge of the rules and call penalties on themselves then, my view is that any broken rule by them is likely to be unintentional and I'd not for one moment query their honesty. If someone goes on a rules forum and makes a case for not playing to the rules then I would certainly wonder why
Yet never played golf with me don't know what my understanding is so easier call me a cheat 🤔

Also do not misunderstand at all you pointed out openly on the forum you'd trust him to do his utmost as you know him well enough.. Even though that same person raised the same queries as I did. Yep double standards. By the way I have a very clear understanding of them but I don't know you so I guess I fall outside the realm this double standard fits into..

Wolf

Visit site
I actually can't believe that someone has stooped so low as to accuse someone as being a cheat on the internet! I assume he has never even met/played golf with you?

The double standards and blatant discrimination on this board really is obvious for all to see these days. Amazing what some get away with.
See my above reply should tell you all you need to know. When all I did was question the validity of something the same way "a friend" did 🙄

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
In the context of the discussion I meant that I wouldn't be timing them so if it was 5 seconds out (by another member of the group's timer) I wouldn't be able to confirm they were over time so I'd stay out of it. If you want to take it out of context though then you go ahead.
Nice bit of revisioning going on. 🤣😂😉

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yet never played golf with me don't know what my understanding is so easier call me a cheat 🤔

Also do not misunderstand at all you pointed out openly on the forum you'd trust him to do his utmost as you know him well enough.. Even though that same person raised the same queries as I did. Yep double standards. By the way I have a very clear understanding of them but I don't know you so I guess I fall outside the realm this double standard fits into..
I found it quite an ignorant stance to be honest. Just because we stated we have mutual trust in our groups and don't feel the need to time ourselves and each other to the exact second, it was a huge leap to say that makes us cheats despite never having played with or even met us. Bit of a 2+2=13 moment. It's just an acceptance of how other people do things rather than holding everybody to your own holier-than-thou standard.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If a player believes a certain action may be a breach of a rule he has the option of playing two balls. If he decides the take the doubtful course only and does not inform the committee, is he cheating?

Wolf

Visit site
I found it quite an ignorant stance to be honest. Just because we stated we have mutual trust in our groups and don't feel the need to time ourselves and each other to the exact second, it was a huge leap to say that makes us cheats despite never having played with or even met us. Bit of a 2+2=13 moment. It's just an acceptance of how other people do things rather than holding everybody to your own holier-than-thou standard.
Completely ignorant especially when stated above if playing in a group they trust they know any breach would be unintentional which is exactly what was being said at the start buts it's one rule for one and a totally different one in the Internet it seems 🤔

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

If I wanted to cheat at golf one of the first things I'd do is build a reputation as a stickler for the rules who consistently calls a penalty on myself! :sneaky:

The perfect cover n'est-ce pas?

Wolf

Visit site
If I wanted to cheat at golf one of the first things I'd do is build a reputation as a stickler for the rules who consistently calls a penalty on myself! :sneaky:

What is this level of sorcery you speak of, it's the perfect guise under which to make magic happen🧙🏻‍♂️😂

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder what sort of person would

What a devious mind you must have :eek:;)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I wonder what sort of person would

What a devious mind you must have :eek:;)

From the same guy who thinks; if you have the wherewithal to make funny money, then why not also make 'security pens' that wont detect that money as fake and sell them to shops/bars etc ;)