Cheapest Balls :)

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All

Im currently using Wilson DX2 balls but im thinking of moving to some cheaper balls while I get my handicap down!!!

What is the cheapest but still 'OK' ball to use?

Mattie

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Balls are a little like tyres, the newest of cheap ones would still be beaten hands down performance wise as a second hand premium brand. Most pro shops sell slightly used pro vs etc, id rather use them than new pinnacles/wilsons etc.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think Ill get some NXT Tour actually and see if I notice any difference, before I loose them all :)

Mattie

where are you getting your balls? NXT Tour are dearer than DX2.

If you like DX2 for their fairy-like softness, try Srixon Soft Feel, at a couple of quid cheaper

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the link Homer.

Ill prob get them from golfdepot in Chester as its very close.
Ive only been playing 8 or 9 months so not really sure what Im doing yet :)

Ive only gone for the wilsons as they match my clubs :)
Will play about and see if I notice any difference with the NXT and Srixons!

Thanks all
Mattie

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Next time you're at the putting green, practice ground or wherever, place on the floor a piece of house brick and then try chipping and/or putting it!

Thats the difference between a soft ball and hard ball, using a hard bal is great off the tee for distance etc, but absolute gash anywhere near the greens when you need feel & control.

Lindyhop67

Medal Winner
www.perfectequilibrium.co.uk
I use best4balls to get my Srixon Trispeeds but having read this thread I've just received some ProV1x lake balls at only 2/3 of what I normally pay. Excellent suggestion if you don't mind balls with logos on them (some from from Tucson, AZ in my batch) delivered in a plastic egg-box.
Unfortunately, I meant to buy ProV1s but pressed the ProV1x button (doh!). Let's see if I've got enough touch for them!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
When we had the 'ball fitting' at Castle Stuart, Titleist gave me ProV1x (and NXT Tour) supposedly because they were less feel.

So far I've only used finder ProV1x's but they seem to go OK - bit harder off the putter though.