Cheap GPS

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any suggestions for a cheap GPS device that can be easily attached to a golf bag.

Yes I know you can get free phone apps but my phone is not easily read and displayed on my bag.

JayB

Visit site
Any suggestions for a cheap GPS device that can be easily attached to a golf bag.

Yes I know you can get free phone apps but my phone is not easily read and displayed on my bag.
How cheap is cheap?

Can you not buy a bag clip for a phone or if using a trolley a phone mount/holder.

Quick google search brings up a Bushnell Phantom 2 for £129.99 or Garmin G40 for £149.99, I would imagine eBay would be a good place to look if you want cheaper and you don't mind 2nd hand.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How cheap is cheap?

Can you not buy a bag clip for a phone or if using a trolley a phone mount/holder.

Quick google search brings up a Bushnell Phantom 2 for £129.99 or Garmin G40 for £149.99, I would imagine eBay would be a good place to look if you want cheaper and you don't mind 2nd hand.
Phone is in a leather case with credit cards etc and is not suitable for sticking on the outside of my bag.

How easily do the Bushnells and Garmins attach to a bag?

Springveldt

Visit site
If you also wanted to go the shot tracking route...

I don't own one but it comes with what looks like a clip and a carabiner clip as well so I'd imagine you could attach it to your bag.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you also wanted to go the shot tracking route...

I don't own one but it comes with what looks like a clip and a carabiner clip as well so I'd imagine you could attach it to your bag.
I've got one of these, came as part of the shotscope laser.
I'll have a look later to see how looks on a bag if you like.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I got a Suoaki from Amazon many years ago. Still going well and in my practice bag for when I go to the range or do some pitching practice. I did a review

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got a Suoaki from Amazon many years ago. Still going well and in my practice bag for when I go to the range or do some pitching practice. I did a review

Another one who has not read the original post (or replies) properly! 🫣

See post #8

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know you want to clip on a bag, but I have been using a golf watch for years, and you would never even know you are wearing it. So easy to take a glance at as well.
It's main use is for my wife , I have a watch which I like and she is borrowing because the previous gps has given up and she doesn't want a watch.
I sometimes use the other as well because I sometimes go on trips and the watch doesn't get charged in error.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No experience but saw this

Izzo watches are relatively cheap as well
We have had an Izzo which has just given up on us and stopped loading courses.It has worked pretty well but doesn't have a clip on for a bag, we've glued a key ring on the back which works with a carabiner but is a bit of a botch job. was hoping we might get something a bit more bespoke.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but a cheap option would be to buy a second-hand smartphone and use one of the free apps. I had a Samsung Galaxy Note II (now about £30 on eBay) and discovered that you don't need a SIM card installed for the GPS to still work. Obviously you need to download the app, and course updates and whatnot when you're on WiFi.

babylonsinger

Visit site
I have a Garmin G12 which I find good for yardages and pretty simple to use. It has a clip on the back of the device which I would suggest be easily attached to the bag (via the towel loop i was thinking but depends on the bag I suppose). Not sure how much they currently go for as I bought mine perhaps 2 years ago but they were around £100.

Can't comment on its effectiveness being secured to a bag as I keep mine in my pocket whilst playing

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We have had an Izzo which has just given up on us and stopped loading courses.It has worked pretty well but doesn't have a clip on for a bag, we've glued a key ring on the back which works with a carabiner but is a bit of a botch job. was hoping we might get something a bit more bespoke.
Would a cheap watch with the strap fastened round the handle of the bag not work?