Charlie Watts R.I.P.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I knew he was ill..he had a "procedure" a few weeks back that meant he had to drop out of the Stones Tour this year..
I guess whatever it was didn't work..
Sad news but he lived a life and a half...
I'm amazed that a lot of these bands can still perform when most of their members are in their 70s or 80s...

D

Deleted member 18588

First saw the Stones live 57 years ago and I still remember the bemused expression on Charlie's face as all the screaming teenage girls tried to storm the stage.

Often underrated but IMO a top drummer. May he rest in peace.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Top top drummer. So glad I got to see them at Glastonbury in 2013. A genuinely incredible experience.

A huge loss and a real shame.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sad to hear this news, saw the Stones twice Charlie always was the most popular with the crowd, very good drummer.

I still remember vividly the intro to paint it black

My favorite story about Charlie was when he heard Mick call the Stones “ my band” Charlie went to Micks room and pinned him up by the throat and told him to “ never call the Stones his band again”

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Charlie Watts-The epitome of cool!!!
Just been watching The Stones walking out at Madison Square Gardens 2003 and playing- the coolest dude on stage ( as always! )
You just never thought it would happen to them-ANY of them.
Greatest band in the world-still can't get my head round it!!!.....Missus says to get a grip
Jim

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Charlie Watts-The epitome of cool!!!
Just been watching The Stones walking out at Madison Square Gardens 2003 and playing- the coolest dude on stage ( as always! )
You just never thought it would happen to them-ANY of them.
Greatest band in the world-still can't get my head round it!!!.....Missus says to get a grip
Jim
Quality post, can’t add anything, agree he was an understated cool cat.
RIP Charlie.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always thought that he wasn't a thump the hell out of the kit type of drummer, but one of those quite blokes at the back that drove the beat forward.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A proper cool looking dude right they way through old age.

As dapper Looking fella
always though him and leonard Coen were the sharpest looking chaps in the whole biz, right through to the end.

Loved they way he just did his own think. A proper ledge.

Will sound daft but I randomly dreamt last week that he died. I’m not one for superstitious thought but I was taken aback when I heard the news yesterday.

RIP

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A proper cool looking dude right they way through old age.

As dapper Looking fella
always though him and leonard Coen were the sharpest looking chaps in the whole biz, right through to the end.

Loved they way he just did his own think. A proper ledge.

Will sound daft but I randomly dreamt last week that he died. I’m not one for superstitious thought but I was taken aback when I heard the news yesterday.

RIP

You weren't playing beside him were you?:whistle: