Changes to the Bag for 2020

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Looking through my bag lately from "problem areas". Most of the bag is fine. Irons (fitted for them last year), putter, wedges and 3w are good and I may replace my 3h with a 5w that i have. 2 areas i'm looking at are my driver and 4h.

Driver is a Ping G5 10.5 but in stiff shaft. I can hit it ok but all by other clubs, bar the wedges, are reg graphite (inc. irons).
The 4h is a Taylromade Burner 08 with reg steel shaft. I love it but feel i may be loosing distance with it being steel.

Having recently discovered the joys of ebay i have been looking at the following.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST, reg graphite
4H: Ping Karsten reg graphite
Would the driver be that much of an improvement over the G5 and am i right in saying the karsetn is shorter than a "normal 4h"?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have a look at golfbidder too. Loads of choice to suit all pockets, decent description of each product and condition. May be the top end of any e-bay deals but at least may give you a starting point to go on with

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Have a look at golfbidder too. Loads of choice to suit all pockets, decent description of each product and condition. May be the top end of any e-bay deals but at least may give you a starting point to go on with
Yeah, golfbidder are decent. Although i'm enjoying the exitement of bidding at the monent. Chickened out on 40 Titleist golf balls yesterday. The bidding was brutal :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, golfbidder are decent. Although i'm enjoying the exitement of bidding at the monent. Chickened out on 40 Titleist golf balls yesterday. The bidding was brutal :D
It's a load of fun isn't it? I bought some Footjoy waterproof trousers a week or so ago with a bid 10 seconds from the end. So much sweeter than buy it now :D.

I'm following a couple of 19° hybrids right now. I'm not desperate so I'm okay dipping out when they pass a certain price but there is definitely a fun buzz to it.

In answer to your driver question, you wont really know until you get it. You may find the reg shaft gives you more control, I went from a stiff shaft to reg in driver and it helped me. Saying that my swing speed is feeble so it depends on what yours is like. The good thing is you can buy it, try it and then sell whichever one is not up to the mark. Having had a quick look at what you might be bidding on they are not the most expensive so it is not major gamble.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
In September last year I was really happy with my bag. Settled.

I now have a new set of irons and new wedges, added a 7 wood and ditched my crossover. I'm now trying to stop myself upgrading my driver and 5 wood for newer models.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am off to ping on 2nd March for some new irons.
Have AP2 718 AMT White 4/w stiff but just can’t control them .
Have used my pps TM M2 tour with Xp 95 R300 and hit them great.
So may need a lighter not so stiff shaft.
So will be selling the AP2s. Soon