Changed ball after more than 10 years with the same make

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Like I say, the first time one of my chips fires on 5/10 feet further than I wanted with a lesser spinning ball, it'll be back to the prov, why ? because it'll be in my head that a prov would've stopped earlier, regardless of any previous chips stopping dead, the game afterall is played mainly between the ears :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I tend to play a premium ball in the very hard summer conditions and then switch to a 3 piece in the wetter colder winter conditions. I find it's a positive compromise for my game. When it gets very wet I'll even go to an AD333. For the 3 piece I am still using my stock of NXT tour and AD333 tour

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try Wilson Staff balls, the FG Tour premium ball is as good as anything out there and the slightly cheaper models like the DX3 soft spin are great great golf balls at £19.99/dozen. Crossfield does a great vid putting them against the pro v
I'm thinking of going DX3 SoftSpin next time I need some. Seems like they could be similar to the e6 soft, and fiver cheaper per box.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think the e6 was an excellent ball for the money. Used them extensively before Bridgestone pulled out of the European market a few years ago. Switched to the Chromesofts after that, but if the e6’s are readily available again I’ll be tempted to switch back.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Bridgestone make tremendous balls.

Hmm, very subjective.

I won some Bridgestone Tour B330 RX Balls recently at Frilford Heath and played with one for the first time today.

Off the tee, even in really tough gusty 40mph winds I thought it was ok, and I drove the ball with a lot of confidence, but, off the putter and around the greens with those delicate wedge flop shots it was clicky and felt too hard, I just didn’t warm to it at all.

I was told that it’s supposed to be the equivalent to a ProV1x, but I’m not sure how a 3-piece and a 4-piece can be comparable?

Not for me unfortunately.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Hmm, very subjective.

I won some Bridgestone Tour B330 RX Balls recently at Frilford Heath and played with one for the first time today.

Off the tee, even in really tough gusty 40mph winds I thought it was ok, and I drove the ball with a lot of confidence, but, off the putter and around the greens with those delicate wedge flop shots it was clicky and felt too hard, I just didn’t warm to it at all.

I was told that it’s supposed to be the equivalent to a ProV1x, but I’m not sure how a 3-piece and a 4-piece can be comparable?

Stick em in the post then!

😂😂

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Hmm, very subjective.

Maybe B330, or B330 S would be closer. The R one are for the slower swing speeds I think.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Maybe B330, or B330 S would be closer. The R one are for the slower swing speeds I think.

I didn’t have an issue with the ball on full shots off the driver, woods or irons, it was the feel shots around the green and putting where it came up short for me.

The AD333 Tour is a 3-piece and that for me is much better as it’s as good off the tee but has a great soft feel around and on the greens.