Changed ball after more than 10 years with the same make

Andre Linoge

Medal Winner
Visit site
I had always played the Srixon soft feel for over 10 years now, and recently bought a dozen Bridgestone e6 soft to see how they compare. Similar feel off the putter and club face but the e6 is a far better hop N stop ball.
So I'm converted to a new ball which for the price is very reasonable, anyone else use this ball ?

Neeko1988

Visit site
I don't use the Bridgestone but i really dislike the soft feel, My current ball is either Titleist tour soft or Callaway Chromesoft cant make my mind up which i prefer...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had always played the Srixon soft feel for over 10 years now, and recently bought a dozen Bridgestone e6 soft to see how they compare. Similar feel off the putter and club face but the e6 is a far better hop N stop ball.
So I'm converted to a new ball which for the price is very reasonable, anyone else use this ball ?
tried before and TBH thought they were like rocks.

the Srixon on the other hand i use when i play hickory as its a soft compression so i'm told.

saying that though never buy balls as i find loads walking the dogs and my ball of choice is a 2015 Prov1x, which again i have at least 6 boxes of new and at least 100 pick ups

Wolf

Visit site
Never have liked Titleist , although Callaway I do like although pricey.
It's not just me then! Always found the cheaper titleist to be like hitting pebbles and Premium balls to shred up to easily, plus never been enamoured with the feel of them either.

Always liked Nike balls to be fair, like the feel of a Srixon and Callaway would usually be my ball of choice.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I generally play a few different makes of ball. My main stay was the Srixon AD333 and AD333 Tour, but I recently gave the Snell MTB Red and Black balls a go, and last week playing 5 courses I went back to playing Mizuno JPX. My thoughts on each are:-

• Sxrion AD333 - Cheap ball, very good feel off both driver and putter, Okay around the green.
  • Srixon AD333 Tour - Better than is stablemate, feels soft off the driver, a little firmer off the putter and stops quite well on the green, but at £29.99 a box there are better balls.
  • Snell MTB Black - This balls is the equivalent of the Srixon AD333 Tour, it feels soft of the driver and travels a good distance, firmer feel off the putter, and stops quite well on the green, again £29.99 a box.
  • Snell MTB Red - A harder ball, feels firm of the driver, doesn't go as far as the MTB Black, AD333 Tour, very firm of the putter, but boy does it spin well and stop on the greens, supposed to be the Pro V equivalent, £29.99 a box
  • Mizuno JPX - Cheap ball at £17.99 or £18.99 a box depending where you look, good feel of the driver and putter, is okay around the green and decent all round ball.
Played plenty other makes, but the above are the ones I keep going back to.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been using e6 Softs lately. I switched to them in the summer for the extra spin on the bone dry greens. Good balls I think, good stopping power and I like a soft ball for putting. When they run out though I'll go back to a cheaper ball for winter I think.

Andre Linoge

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've been using e6 Softs lately. I switched to them in the summer for the extra spin on the bone dry greens. Good balls I think, good stopping power and I like a soft ball for putting. When they run out though I'll go back to a cheaper ball for winter I think.
Just bought 40, Pearl/A grade for £35, so a decent buy.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my round on Wednesday was with an AVX ball. was quite impressed with it, good off the tee, felt nice off putter and wedge. if i needed any balls would happily buy some, luckily i don't;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
my round on Wednesday was with an AVX ball. was quite impressed with it, good off the tee, felt nice off putter and wedge. if i needed any balls would happily buy some, luckily i don't;)
Agreed.
Found one the other week and used it a fair bit.
Liked the softer feel than the ProVs and it spins decently for me.
Bit pricey and I have a million balls but......

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Try Wilson Staff balls, the FG Tour premium ball is as good as anything out there and the slightly cheaper models like the DX3 soft spin are great great golf balls at £19.99/dozen. Crossfield does a great vid putting them against the pro v

Neeko1988

Visit site
Yet very different characteristics.

Yeah I understand this just really can’t make a definitive choice. Have many of you tried the tour soft, I agree the mid range titleists weren’t much good but these newer tour softs I think are much better

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I have considered using the true soft come winter but I suspect the first time it runs on further than I wanted it'll be binned and back to provs.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I understand this just really can’t make a definitive choice. Have many of you tried the tour soft, I agree the mid range titleists weren’t much good but these newer tour softs I think are much better
I changed to the tour soft from pro v this year it’s a great ball and seems to fly higher for me than a pro v.
I think it’s very similar to the pro v1 x spin is good around the green , nice click off the putter can’t fault them.
Used some in USA last week and deffo longer than pro v1 for me anyway .
They suited the warm temp will have to see how they are on wet and windy parkland in winter.
Up to now I love them.

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am very happy with the Vice Pro Plus. Buy six dozen and they come in at about £1.70 a ball, give or take a few pence.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have considered using the true soft come winter but I suspect the first time it runs on further than I wanted it'll be binned and back to provs.
Most ams are usually short so your problem is rare .
This is why I think it suits me I do spin the ball a lot and pro vs tend to stop short.
Hit it harder then ! My brain won’t compute this .
I would rather be long now and again than short most of the time.
It’s the short game that loses a little spin but I can take that.
Most of the trouble at my place is short.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm referring to around the green not in regards approach.
Yes me to , maybe I never worded it right.
I just find these don’t stop so quickly around the green which suits me as I am normally short and my brain won’t let me hit it harder.
This would suit most ams as in my experience most players leave chips/pitches short.