Championship and below 2015/16

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I might still call in on here from time to time to see which league reading are in :D

Don't spoil things for us by mentioning the premiership thread, at least let me and hobbit enjoy it for a while.

I'm we'll pop back and give you all the benefit of our undoubted experience and knowledge.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
enjoy your wine Brian ,well done Boro ,hopefully we can join you a little later in the month.:thup::thup::whoo:

Take out Brighton's mid season blip and you'd have walked away with that division. I sat down 5 matches back and had Burnley top, you second and Boro third. Your draw last week is the only fixture I got wrong.

Your number 7 is a very tidy player. Took Boro 35mins to realise he was picking the ball up in acres of space just in front of your back 4 and bringing it out. Once we pushed up on him, and closed the space down I didn't think you were as effective. Started playing lots of long balls out of defence. Stuani was good till about half time, and should have been replaced by Nugent.

If it had been a boxing match we would have been comfortable, but it wasn't and we never got that second goal in the first half.

If Hull find a bit of form I'd say you've got a tough final. Stop Wednesday's wingers and you'll beat them comfortably.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
i think Derby will be tough ,i think we can take Wednesday ,as our full backs Bruno and Rosenior are pretty good players.
just going to need C H to get our heads up for the playoffs.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't understand. All this talk of Boro and nothing about the mighty Oxford getting promotion to League 1? :whoo:

Bolton boys, might have to see if I can make that game next year and arrange a knock before or after. Would be good to have the southern softies doing a double over you, on the course and on the pitch ... :whistle:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I did say lasy year that I wouldn't post again in this thread until the Oystons had left Blackpool but as this season turned out even worse than expected I had to revisit this thread.
How the hell can a club with millions in the bank go from the Premier League to Div 2 in just 5 years? Answer when you have owners who aren't interested in football. It really is disgusting. The manager, who has put on a brave face all season, said today that Lee Clark (last seasons manager) was correct when he said its an impossible job.
Apart from the football, the owners continue to take fans to court, refuse to have dialogue with the largest fans group, instead just talk to the group of fans that they themselves chose even though the original 12 has now been reduced to just 5.
We need new owners, a new manager and new players (not their fault, they just aren't good enough) but that isn't going to happen unless something drastic happens.
The only ray of hope is that the President and 20% shareholder is in the process of suing the Oystons but that could run from a long time before there is any outcome.
In the meantime all the fans can do is to boycott the club and keep up the regular protests.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I did say lasy year that I wouldn't post again in this thread until the Oystons had left Blackpool but as this season turned out even worse than expected I had to revisit this thread.
How the hell can a club with millions in the bank go from the Premier League to Div 2 in just 5 years? Answer when you have owners who aren't interested in football. It really is disgusting. The manager, who has put on a brave face all season, said today that Lee Clark (last seasons manager) was correct when he said its an impossible job.
Apart from the football, the owners continue to take fans to court, refuse to have dialogue with the largest fans group, instead just talk to the group of fans that they themselves chose even though the original 12 has now been reduced to just 5.
We need new owners, a new manager and new players (not their fault, they just aren't good enough) but that isn't going to happen unless something drastic happens.
The only ray of hope is that the President and 20% shareholder is in the process of suing the Oystons but that could run from a long time before there is any outcome.
In the meantime all the fans can do is to boycott the club and keep up the regular protests.

its a shame that a club with such a great history has come to this ,you cant blame the players or the manager its the bloody owners who think that their collective turds dont stink and just have a football club as a hobby and sod the fans .

D

Deleted member 18588

We came down from the Prem with you and have ourselves had well publicised ownership difficulties. Two years ago we avoided the drop into League 1 with an injury time equaliser.

Since then the off-field problems have started to ease and we may (fingers crossed)see a resolution in the not too distant future.

I realise that you and your fellow Blackpool supporters may, at the moment, find it hard to believe but things will get better.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
MK Dons looking like contenders early doors. I'm quietly confident my prediction that they'll be in the top flight very soon could be realised this season.

Just been looking back on some of the early season predictions including mine that Colchester would be a solid mid table team this year and Blackpool would be pushing for the play offs. So it might come down to me or c1973's above as the winner of the worst prediction of the year award.

D

Deleted member 18588

Bolton, QPR & Wolves were also tipped for promotion.

Don't think I will rely upon my fellow forumers for advice when doing my pre-season bets.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

So sad to see the desperate situation at Blackpool and I feel for you as fans. So hard when you have someone like the Oystons determined to self destruct the club and seemingly killing it dead. I hope you can find a solution somewhere, somehow and get back to playing at a higher level, free of any doubts and worries and with a manger that is allowed to manage (and with funds and backing) and that you, as a long suffering fan, get the club you deserve