Chalgrave Manor?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone know anything about this place? Back when I asked for recommendations for courses for my dad it was not mentioned, but we happened to drive past it the other day. Quite a long course but interesting in that it has five par 5s - with four of them on the front nine(!) - and five par 3s. They also have some flexible membership options that include access to multiple other courses in the region.

D

Deleted member 15344

It makes a good dumping ground for the rubble from bypass , it’s a bog , bland but it’s cheap.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone know anything about this place? Back when I asked for recommendations for courses for my dad it was not mentioned, but we happened to drive past it the other day. Quite a long course but interesting in that it has five par 5s - with four of them on the front nine(!) - and five par 3s. They also have some flexible membership options that include access to multiple other courses in the region.

Used to be in the group of courses we played matches against. Pretty rough and ready course, ok design but not usually in the greatest of condition, quite open to the elements so can get pretty windy there too. Expect the trees have started to grow up some as cant have been built more than 20 years ago

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
they did a load of drainage work a number of years ago didnt they, assume it hasnt succeeded?
Their website thinks it has:
"The Course
Opened on 31st May 1994 and built on almost 150 acres of rolling Bedfordshire countryside. Dropping 35 metres from top to bottom, the course with countless doglegs, sloped fairways and greens, large areas dividing holes, the course presents a challenge to all standards of golfer, with wide fairways for the higher handicapper, but demanding precision placement and careful course management for the low handicapper to score well. The greens drain freely, allowing golf to be played on them throughout the year."

Countless
doglegs. :LOL: That seems excessive. More than one per hole?? Whoever wrote their website is a hoot, I think it's hilarious.

"Established in 1994, Chalgrave Manor Golf Club had a clear objective. Bring a fresh and vibrant attitude to golf club membership. Keep the good bits and junk the old fashioned and snobbish attitudes that still prevail in golf today. That ethos still holds, we have a dynamic and energetic club membership today, with club competitions regularly exceeding 100 entries and a wide range of club sections and club teams as well as the usual social golfing groups to extend your golfing friendships in.

By the way, the Golf Course is pretty damn good as well......."

:ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

they did a load of drainage work a number of years ago didnt they, assume it hasnt succeeded?

It’s a little bit better but still full of clay

Chalgrave and Tilsworth fit a gap

It depends on where your father lives and budget etc.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Don't know why you're laughing at the website, it sounds like a modern club that would suit you down to the ground.
I hear they allow players to make generous rules interpretations too. ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know why you're laughing at the website, it sounds like a modern club that would suit you down to the ground.
I hear they allow players to make generous rules interpretations too. ;)
I like the vibe. Just never heard someone describe their own course as "pretty damn good" before. :LOL: