Celtic Manor

Humph100

Visit site
Hi!

It's my first post here so hopefully it's in the right place!

My Dad and I are off to Wales for a golf trip and are planning on basing ourselves near to Celtic Manor.

I wanted to know of anyone has done similar or would reccomend any courses that we should play?

Thanks for the help.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my neck of the woods, in fact off there tom evening with the missus for a meal.
The 3 courses are good at the hotel, depends on how many rounds your playing.
Rolls of Monmouth is 1/2 drive but worth it, you have Marriot St Pierre in Chepstow a 20 min drive, royal porthcawl is around a 40 min drive and pyle and kenfig is about the same. Newport just round the corner from me is ok, bit stuck up but not the longest and always in good condition. And there is plenty round Cardiff as well

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Played all 3 courses at Celtic Manor at the weekend. 2010 is a must as has been suggested, tough but really good. Next I would say I preferred the Montgomerie. This is a really nice playable course, all the holes are different, lots of elevation change, I loved it. Roman Road is defo worth playing. Rolling old school course, bit disappointed that the holes around the clubhouse seem to have been turned into an adventure park with people wandering around all over the place, but if you are playing during the week, it will probably be a lot quieter. 3 courses all in great nick with a variety of challenges.