Categories for Number of Posts

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you think that Stranger, Newbie, Enthusiast etc are a bit naff for a Golf Forum? Couldn't really use handicap 'cos could confuse but how about Double Bogey, Bogey, Par, Birdie, Eagle, Albatross, Hole in One? Any better ideas?

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
Does it matter?
not sure if quantity measures against quality. I'm happy to post when I want to, don't feel a desire to have any particular category/tag/label next to my name indicating how many posts I make. I really don't see the benefit.

In saying this I'm sure there are many who'll disagree, if it's important to them then I respect that fact.

but still don't see the point.. :D

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
It is literally number of posts. There is no other measure involved at all.

I like the system to be honest as how else could it be done other than a rating system for each thread (believe suggested before) posted on the forum.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am not a big fan of it and feel that some people have posted utter garbage just to get post numbers up.

Sorry if this offends any persons.

I would much prefer a scheme like the BBC Golf forum (sorry folks), your first 25 Post are viewed by a chief moderator (working for BBC) to ensure you are not some idiot or spam messenger-advertiser and the you become a member and that's it.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I would be happy to do away with it or have it hidden as all it does is remind me ive spent too much time here rather than playin' golf!

If it's important to some then fair play and I guess it could be seen as a measure of commitment or authority but you can set mine back to zero if you like.

What people say shines through more than a number IMHO.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Why not have a handicap system? New posters start on 28 or 24. For every 20 posts you make, your handicap comes down by one.
If you make a really good comment, you're cut by one. If you say something daft (e.g. Tiger only wins because he's lucky) then your handicap goes up.
Rudeness like saying saying another poster is a silly old c*** will cost you two shots.
What about it? I'm sure mine would go up after you've read this pile of s****.
Regards
Shanker

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a pile os S*&% Shanker, but would throw up problems such as people giving bad marks due to previous fall outs and different opinions and interests. I might love a post and you might hate it "its just the way the cookie crumbles".

My 2 cent is you are a member or your not.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you guys must be bored and your thinking about it too much there are no rules , as long as your not a freebie advertiser say what you please and keep it clean(has anyone noticed my good behaviour???? lol)

the numbers dont mean $hit£

havwe fun every1

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The only thing I would mention about the number of posts is that the majority indicated it would be nice to get some sort of bag tag to a) show you were a GM forum member and b) to highlight your standing

I think it was going to be a different colour for every 1000 posts.

Anyone know if that was just a muted idea of has anything been done to move this forward

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm with you Homer, I like the idea of a GMfuGS bag tag, though whether we need to colour code I'm now not so sure.

Possibly the criteria for earning the tag should be that you are an active member for some continuous period, (3 months?) and the only measure of active I can think of is number of posts, which unfortunately leads us into htl's concerns.

Firstly though we need a design = over to you guys and gals.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i think if the bag tag theme takes off everyone should get the same type or colour to highlight your a member of the forum, i doesn't matter how many posts you have

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We should obviously pay for the tags ourselves as a good way of showing our commitment. Otherwise it would coat a fortune for GM to hand these things out to anyone who comes along and posts a few rubbish posts just to get their hands on one.
Minimum 100-200 posts methinks.

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
We should obviously pay for the tags ourselves as a good way of showing our commitment. Otherwise it would coat a fortune for GM to hand these things out to anyone who comes along and posts a few rubbish posts just to get their hands on one.
Minimum 100-200 posts methinks.
Agree about the paying - not sure about that level of minima. Take me as an example. Rarely can I post authoritively on golfing issues cos I only started golf last September. I sit often in awe at some of the information and knowledge available to the 'old lags' on this forum and only really have an opportunity to contribute when the subject is denim or Poulter-drab. Also dis-liking football, the more I type this post the more I wonder why I am here :)