Castlerock GC quick pics

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played there yesterday even though we were promised rain, we saw sunshine all day.
Apologies on the pics, I only pulled out the iphone a few times and managed to miss one of the best holes on the course, the cracking 4th hole "Leg O Mutton" OOBleft in the burn, OOB right on the railway, a great hole.

4.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

6th hole, "The Burn" 335 yards slightly downhill, drivable if it wasnt for the burn crossing the front of the green, very scenic hole which the camera just doesnt show.

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Last edited:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just one of the many tough stances around the course.

IMG_0128.jpg

200yd par 3 to a tiny, severely sloping right to left green.

IMG_0130.jpg

The 17th is a fantastic par 5 (one of the 5 on the course) with a very narrow driving area.

IMG_0133.jpg

Last edited:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cracking course played it numerous times over the years,some cracking par 3s my favouite hole is The Bulldozer ,dog leg right to an uphill second shot your on an elevated tee hiiting over a massive dune.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I used to play shandon nearly every weekend during part of that period (I was 16-20ish, 1992-1996 or so), was signed in as a member by Billy Moore (dunno if he is still a member, his granda got him in at an early age). Loved the course then though the last couple of times I played it last year I came away a little disappointed with its conditioning, I have been told that it is back up there again since though.