Carry bag – super light or a tad more robust

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
After a mouse made a mess of my bag I’ve been looking around and am starting to think I have a decision to make on whether to go for a bag where it is all about being super light, or something that feels a little more substantial. (Thanks to swanny32 and shewy for previous thoughts).
My previous bag I’d say was of the more robust but heavier type – so thinking here things like nike performance, call euro chev org, miz aerolites spr.
For super light bags I thinking of things like sun mountain 3.5, 4.5

I popped into DG for a look and the lad in there actually was making a good case for a Hotblade Tempo, which was v lite and a decent price also – anyone any knowledge of this?

2 or 3 pounds you can certainly tell the difference picking them up empty but when loaded up with clubs, balls, drink etc is the difference really obvious?

Thoughts, experience appreciated.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi, last year i went and looked at many carry bags and like you looked at ultra light bags, however when fully loaded the difference is probably very little. For me i wanted the 14 way top divider hence the Nike Performance bag, but the main factor in all of this is the strap system, another reason i went for the Nike and its got one of the best comfy straps compared to many.

Hotblade, well i would pass on this but i am a brand snob !

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I received a tm supa light off Santa, 2.2 lbs, so its lighter than my previous bag when empty. Great job so far, only thing is its not waterproof, but good otherwise, enough room, plenty pockets, so far so good.