Carnoustie Tomorrow

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...Stupid game really...
Ain't that the truth!

...Finished with a smile at least!

That's all that really matters imo!

I've played it 3 times, shooting 99, 83 and 76 gross and it was a joy each time - but specially the last! Some absolutely superb holes - 2 (on my all time favourite holes list), 6 and much/most of the back 9 - and a few that, like on most links courses, can either be benign or monsters, depending on the breeze on the day!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fair to say that Carnoustie battered me again despite the weather conditions being the easiest I can remember.... i didn’t even think I was playing badly but it’s a course that punishes anything offline. I was in 11 bunkers today including 3 different bunkers on one hole :(

It was fun playing with the grandstands but less fun with the narrowed fairways and thicker rough for the open.

I also managed to go OB on the 6th... with my second shot after lasering a great drive down Hogan’s Alley. Stupid game really.

One of the girls I played with had a great round going but dropped a couple of shots late on... still finished just 2 over - very impressive.

Highlights for me were few but had a couple of birdies, including the spectacles, and played the 18th well; good drive, solid approach to the middle of the green and two putts. Finished with a smile at least!

Sounds like a tough day but what a setting, especially in the run up to the Open. How do you think it'll play for that? Is the rough going to be a factor

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a tough day but what a setting, especially in the run up to the Open. How do you think it'll play for that? Is the rough going to be a factor

Yes, fairways are narrow and rough just about unplayable. (certainly for my strength/ability). Greens are good, fairway protection in place, it's going to be a great tournament.